¶ CHAPTER 21 ¶

NAAZ

Darkness! That, what caught my eyes as I opened it. It was surprising, maybe I wake up at midnight. I shook my head, nuzzling my face back into the pillow. It seemed rather hard. How come it turned hard, though I was used to my hard surface pillow prepared with used clothes, it was tougher, as if I was sleeping on a piece of rock. I rubbed my eyes, curiosity taking better of me.

Suddenly, a familiar scent filled my nostrils. It smelt of cardamom. Perplexed, I raised my eyes to glance at the source. I knew who the person was. How could I ever forget the fragrance? Ever? The light available in the room could only provide a small glimpse of the person. His slow breath reached my ears, as it was fanning on my face as I was staring straight at him.

"Hmm...." Heard him groan, as suddenly the grip of my waist tightened. At that minute, I realised he was holding me close. I was lying on his chest when I reached such a position? My eyes again glimpsing at his sleeping figure. He seemed so different from the one I witness during day hours. His dark black orbs closed; his lip lifted in a small smile. A content passing through his soul, his big straight nose, breathing harshly coming out in a rhythmic pattern. My hand was resting on his chest, I could feel his heart beating, loud! He seemed so relaxed at the minute, away from all the trouble. A man at peace! Only if I could offer him the same throughout his life. Only if I could offer him happiness!

A sad smile played on my lip; I was a reason behind his pain. I could never bring him happiness! I shook my head, attempting to get out of his strong grip. I couldn't let my feeling have control over myself, I needed to pull myself from him. I had no right to allow that feeling to grow inside me. I couldn't act selfishly; I knew I was cause for his destruction. My eyes darted back at his face, a smile spreading on my face. The genuine one! "Mainu maf kar dena..." Hand making its way towards his jaw, caressing it's slightly. It seemed rough under my soft skin. I hadn't touched him before and nor I was in such an intimate position with anyone before.

I should be feeling uncomfortable, but all I felt was safe, a feeling of content in my heart. The warmth radiating from his body was making me feel protected. The feeling I had when his lips... What am I thinking? I needed to stop, I darted my gaze away. Away from the face that could make me melt, the face could urge me to turn selfish. But I couldn't! I couldn't risk his life! I needed to walk away before, he woke from sleep. I again moved. The grip on me was hell tight, how could he manage to be so strong even in sleep?

I stare at him in disbelief, I couldn't even move his finger and was turning breathless with my effort. Who was he even? Losing the energy I had in my body, I closed my eyes again. At that minute, I realised I had nothing from the morning. Was I sleeping the enitre day? Wait! How come I reached his room? I moved my gaze to confirm if I was in his room or he had jumped into mine?

My doubt was right, I was sleeping in his bed. Darkness was the main indicator, he used to question me about my love for darkness but all I could analyse was he loved it far more. Even the pain of the wall was in black, followed by the blanket and sheet I was laying on. When I slept? Suddenly that thought crossed my mind, I moved my leg, expressing deep pain.

I moaned, "ahh..." the pain was still present.

"Are you fine?" Suddenly I heard that hoarse voice, it was much deeper due to him waking from sleep a minute back. I nodded not looking at him and cursing myself for waking him up. Making the complicated situation more difficult for me.

"I am asking you something..." he voiced, slowly lifting my chin. His dark orbs staring straight into my brown one. His thumb slowly drawing the pattern on my chin bone. Forcing me to glance at those orbs, which could make me weak. Which could break all the walk I built around my heart. My heart raising its pace, those black orbs were filled with concern. Concern! That it always held!