¶ CHAPTER 8 ¶

SID

Karan's constant urged had finally pulled me out of the mansion. But I had listened to him with only one condition that I would drive the car. Driving the car gave me sudden peace, opting for the full speed. As if I was challenging the air so that I could drive faster than its speed. Karan was filled with horror, grabbing the seat belt tightly. His tongue requested me for once or twice but on realizing his pleading only increased the speed he shut his mouth. As we had stopped near Lyra's stay, me not moving from the car. Something strange was noticed, Sushi wasn't intending to start a conversation nor she had come to meet me once along with Lyra. I wasn't offended as well; I hadn't realized her existence until I found her with Lyra.

During the entire conversation a word from a stranger grabbed my attention, Lyra and Sushi stayed in the same PG. Male entry was prohibited so we were accumulated on the main road. I heard someone's melodious voice, "Tusi jande ho eh kithe hai?" (Do you know where this is?) I heard a woman speaking in Punjabi, without wasting a minute I jumped out of the car. Moving my eyes around, I couldn't find anyone nearby. But I had heard the voice, and I wasn't hallucinating.

"Buddy, everything is cool?" Karan inquired, rushing after me.

"Jhalli... I heard her voice..." My eyes were roaming around.

"Sid, please dude! Get over her... she isn't going to come..." Lyra's voice was ignored; I wasn't going to let anyone shatter my hope. My eyes were searching for a hint, legs moved towards the shop nearest to the parked car.

"Anyone had come here?" I inquired to the man inside, "she was speaking some other language... Punjabi?"

The person was confused but a woman next to him answered, "it was Punjabi, right? I had the same feeling."

"The lady came here?" I inquired, a hope building a place. Face glowing as my heart was raising its pace. She nodded in agreement, "where did she move?" Getting curious, others were shocked listening to it. They couldn't believe their eyes.

She pointed towards a direction; my eyes moved. I found a soul walking on the street; she was in a salwar suit. The one Shehnaaz wore, in the same manner, she had covered her head. "Shehnaaz..." muttered Sushi on getting her glimpse.

I rushed towards her not wasting a minute, my heart was urging not to let her escape once again. The minute I reached towards her and turned herself, I stood baffled. She wasn't my Jhalli, she wasn't Shehnaaz. The woman my eyes were craving to glance. The face that wasn't ready to move from my thoughts. The one who wasn't allowing me to live my life. I stepped back, once again the faith fooled me. Once again it had trapped me in the waves of grief. I knew no way out; I was again pulled in the sea of darkness.

The stranger was staring at me with nervous eyes, I moved without saying a word. I heard Karan mumbling sorry to her, while I made my way directly towards the car. I hadn't realized when we reached back until Karan wriggled my shoulder. "We had reached..." He informed me, I glanced at the mansion. Stood from the car and walked inside, not speaking a word. On the lawn, mom was present, with a smile on her face. I had no energy left to fake it back.

They might be having something; dad was accompanying her. "So... is he aware of the new maid?" Dad questioned; they were planning for a maid. The old might have left as due to my anger, I broke his head. He was at fault, who had asked him to enter? I had mentioned it clearly, none to disturb me.

"No! Will speak to him soon..." She responded.

"Hadn't you hurry up, what was the need to appoint her without seeing her qualification? We even aren't aware of her identity." Their voice was reaching inside the living area.

FLAWED | √जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें