¶ CHAPTER 18 ¶

SID

I was allowing myself to dwell on the taste of alcohol. I could never be worthy enough of Karan, as he provided me with relief. My nerves were burning and were finding it difficult to breathe, for a second I felt I would die if the bottle wasn't handed to me at that moment. All my dad was concerned about was of locking me in the room. At moments I do question my being. Whether my identity was for real or am I adopted? As the treatment offered to me, was of an orphan.

Right from childhood, he dominated my life. Not allowing me to act as I wish. From dragging me away from dada, to pushing me back into India. He was the master of my life. Coming to India, I witness what freedom was. From spending my time with things and people I wished. Yet he wasn't satisfied, making me realise in an equal interval of time how inferior I was from the rest of the crowd.

I kept the bottle on the table, as I had finished it. Alcohol had disappeared from my life a few months back, as she entered my life. I turned to glance at her, that innocent soul was sleeping on my bed. After attempting numerous times, she finally gave up and decided to rest. From the corner of my eyes, I had seen her attempts to walk back towards her room.

Karan had compelled me to take the project of the village and dragged me to Chandigarh. He had seen me driving in the waves of darkness, I hardly visited the college and even if I did. I had high consumed alcohol inside. Resulting in naturally informing my dad and ending up with a huge argument. I was done with my college life, engrossing myself in activities people claimed unhealthly. It was due to Karan persistence that I landed in the village. His plan had worked as well, he accomplished in pushing away my addiction of smoking but was gifted with the addiction of the girl before me. I slowly made my way towards her, she provided me with new reasons to live.

Layi re zindagi ki kahani kaise mod pr huve khud se paraaye kisi se naina jod ke...

Allowing me with a mission as I saw her been made to feel inferior as me. I wanted to make her believe she wasn't curse, she was as fortunate as rest of us in the planet. The one none ever made me believe! And my each step towards her provided me with new reasons to fill my life with, the brightness I offered in her life was flashing in mine as well. When she smiled, I smile as well...

I made her lay properly, covering her with the quilt. "Roshni toh tum thi meri, agar tum hi zindagi mein nahi rahi toh andhere ko hi gale laga tha na..." I whispered, diverting my gaze. She was making it difficult to hate her, I wanted to... but her face wasn't allowing me with it. The same face, which she objected me from staring at. Her that mere action triggered me, as it indicated she was encouraging those people, who labelled her curse. How could such beautiful soul be a curse?

Duniya ki nazaaron mein yeh rog hai...
Ho jinko woh jaane yeh jog hai...

"Tum kyu nahi samjhti... tum kalank nahi ho, tum meri lucky charm ho..." A grin covered my lip on saying it. Ending up in siting next to her while holding her hand in mine. The fireflies were the only source of light spreading in the room, maybe in both of our life as well.

***

"Yr... you are making Karan correct, tum sach mein chudail ho." I commented following her in the forest area. Even after my such a remark, she wasn't turning. "Oyee! Jhalli... woh bus ek prank tha, mujhe kuch nahi hua hai. Toh tum stop running man..." pleading as it was turning difficult to compete with her pace.

Suddenly she got disappeared from my eyes, I was left among the rows of tree. The place from where our journey had started, I won't leave Karan! It had happened due to him, it was his plan to play prank on her. She was scared seeing me badly injured, she was crying her heart out blaming herself not able to take her nonsense any longer, I expressed to her that it was a prank and without uttering a word, she walked away from me.