Chapter 7: Step up

April 20, 2020

Monday Night Raw, 2 hours before the show

Backstage

Don Patricio arrived and saw that the rest of the Hurt Business were gathered outside of the trainer's office. 

Don: How is mentor?

Lashley: Hey Donny, MVP's currently being looked at by the trainer's. Upon arriving he felt a problem with his knee.

Don: Now that you mentioned it, he had that problem during his match with Apollo. That was why he finished him with the Play of the Day and not the Drive-By Kick.

Cedric: Hopefully it isn't anything serious.

Shelton: Guys, trainer's coming out.

Trainer: Hurt Business?

Lashley: Yes. How is MVP?

Trainer: Well, MVP's knee sustained damage after his match last week. He was able to bear with it until arriving in the arena when he felt soreness and he couldn't move it. We will send him to a nearby medical facility for further evaluation.

Shelton: Further evaluation? Oh man this isn't good.

MVP was later on stretchered out. Don and the rest of the Hurt Business saw their leader.

MVP: - to the medical team - guys let me talk to my friends here. - to the Hurt Business - Must suck to be in my shoes now huh?

Don: Mentor! Since when was this?

MVP: Since my match with Apollo, my knees weren't as hot. I thought I can muscle through but guess age just caught up to me. - chuckles but frowns -

Lashley: Man, that's harsh. Shall I inform Shane?

MVP: Yes man, please. This will affect our Backlash debut.

Shelton: Alright, we all better head to Shane's office 

Don was left as his other stablemates proceeded to Shane's office. MVP knew of his protege's worry and reassured him.

MVP: Don't worry about me. Worry about how you will rise to the top. - stretchered away -

Don: Will do, mentor!

Shane's office

MVP was already stretchered off to the latest facility when Don followed his stablemates. Don already saw his stablemates along with Apollo, Ricochet and Ali.

Shane: Good for you to join us Don. 

Apollo: Hey, where's MVP?

Don: Mentor's stretchered off to a hospital

Shane, Apollo, Ricochet, Ali: WHAT?!?

Shane: Oh no. He has a role tonight. A big one!

Apollo: Oh no. - hysterical - oh no! Did I cause this?

Don: No. Mentor's knee finally felt the ravages of age. All we can hope is that it's nothing serious. 

Apollo: Oh man. Oh man. 

Don: Apollo - puts a hand on Apollo's shoulder - calm down. We still have a match tonight.

Ricochet: Well good, but how does that make us for Backlash

Shane: Backlash? Oh man you guys don't have a match yet! With MVP out....

Lashley: No. Look I got a US title championship match with Titus this Sunday. But I think we already got a replacement for MVP for the 6 man tag.