Chapter 39 Change of Plans

August 24, 2020
WWE Monday Night Raw
Denny Sanford Premier Center
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Tonight's edition of Raw comes off the heels of an explosive Summerslam 24 hours ago that saw the implosion of a long time pairing and a surprising punishment of former tag team champions. After Ruby had given the Riott Kick to Liv Morgan after the loss to the Bellas, Liv was all confused and distraught at the events. 

As for the Hurt Business Tag Team Contingent, Lashley spearing both Cedric and Don has caused for a caucus to be held tonight. With all members losing their gold, Lashley is not pleased with MVP having to speak on the events of the other night.

Monday Night Raw
Middle of 1st Hour
Hurt Business Summit
The Hurt Business's music begins to fade as Lashley and MVP were the only ones in the ring as the other three members were still injured after taking a spear from an incensed Chief Hurt Officer for losing their matches. Lashley, with rage painted on his face, turns to give MVP the mean eye for the founder to begin to speak.

MVP: Allow me to explain for you idiots here in Sioux Falls the situation of the Hurt Business.

Lashley: GET. TO. THE. POINT!

MVP: Alright Lashley, here it is. So it seems to be that our Hurt Business has run into some problems. We had the proper personnel. We did. You won the United States Championship off Apollo Crews but we didn't count him having the referee in his back pocket

Lashley nods angrily

Saxton: Come on, if anything they tried to bribe the referee but didn't work

Joe: Shut up Saxton!

MVP: As it comes to out situation with the WWE Championship, we thought placing in Shelton is a good idea given the veteran experience and ability. Just happens that he fell short of taking the gold from Drew McIntyre

Lashley: He choked when it mattered most!

MVP: Bobby, come on. 

Lashley was not pleased with MVP cutting him off but the latter spoke on.

MVP: As for our tag team champions....

Lashley: Go ahead, I want to see your HONEST assessment

MVP: They had it. But somehow Street Profits was able to outmaneuver our tiger cubs and

Lashley had enough and began to hold MVP by the collar as he corners him.

Lashley: *grabbing the mic* You had BETTER start making moves because the Hurt Business is a unit. If anything, you better come up with a new plan because while I am with you in the hostile takeover of the Raw titles, you screwed up directing who is going for what. 

MVP: Bobby I...

Lashley: Don't you dare Bobby me! Good thing I respect you enough not to put the Hurt Lock on you or Spear you until the end of next year. You had better fix this and you had better put this warning into those moron's heads that the next slip up will cost them. They better come back more committed and I don't care if they're injured. They better show they have the instinct to stay on ...OR ELSE!

Lashley lets go of MVP's collar as he walks out of the ring.

Backstage 
After the Hurt Business Summit
Charly was backstage as she was getting ready for an interview segment

Charly: Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time, Ruby Riott.

Ruby walked in with a smile on her face and a mixed reaction from the crowd.