OC Background

From the OC guide book

Don Patricio

Entrance Gear:

Ring Gear:

Real name: Patricio Capistrano

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 230 lbs

Billed from: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Hometown: Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines

Gimmick: Rich mafia leader, Hustler

Mentor: MVP

Fighting style: Brawler mixed with some technical grappling skills

Signature moves: Set up (Sit out Shoulder Jawbreaker), Flapjack

Finisher: Mercy Shot (MVP's Drive-by Kick), Silencer (Single Knee Facebreaker), The Hit (Right Hook to kneeling opponent, usually with brass knuckles or chain wrapped around the fist), Prelude to Crisis (Single underhook DDT transitioned into a keylock/MVP's Oyasumi), Irreversible Crisis (arm trap crossface/scissored armbar combo - adopted from MVP)

Entrance Theme: Hate Me Now by Nas

Backstory: 

Patricio Capistrano is the son of one of the richest men in the Philippines. He had a normal childhood, but one that is so secure and walled off, limiting his experiences to just his home then business lunches and when he was studying, school. Other than that, his social circles were limited only to socializing with the local elite. Patricio did not feel that comfortable with the lifestyle of perpetual security and safety blankets and decided that he wanted to be given his independence. 

Patricio made the decision to reason out with his parents that he wanted to see the world. While his parents were reluctant with their son's choice, they decided to give in and let Patricio out of the house to be his own man. 

Thus began Patricio's tour wherein he would be seeing the world the first time, he first landed in Japan, where he enjoyed the culture and the people. But most of all, he enjoyed the wrestling. It coincided with the time MVP had signed with New Japan Pro Wrestling where Patricio became a fan. He saw MVP's bruiser, rich athlete bravado in character that he was drawn in to professional wrestling. 

After some dinners with MVP at some of the best restaurants in Japan, MVP willingly wanted to take Patricio under his wing as a student. Sadly, this was not to be as MVP had left NJPW to sign with Impact Wrestling. This did not stop Patricio and he informed his parents of his new calling as a professional wrestler. His parents scoffed at the notion and told him to just come home and run the family business. Patricio however had to bid farewell to that dream momentarily and to appease his parents, came home to indeed help in the business. 

Patricio however, having experienced freedom overseas, had wanted to train to be a fighter, at least not a wrestler, so he had a private gym constructed and he trained there tirelessly. This began a stint in Philippine Wrestling Revolution where he fought and won some matches. But upon being discovered by his parents, he was forced to depart from PWR to solely focus on their family run business. 

Patricio then devised a plan to sneak out of his parent's control yet still somehow appease them. He decided to move to Vancouver to be with his cousins, who are deciding to put up a business there. His parents agreed with the move and Patricio moved to Vancouver, not knowing that this may be the last time his parents will see him as the obedient son. 

Patricio lived with his cousins and they set up a business to sell athletic clothing, with Patricio modeling some of the gear himself. They made money, and it gave Patricio the semblance of financial capability that he had not lost in the Philippines. 

One day, Patricio would cross paths again with MVP, this time, now an indie wrestler and happened to be on tour in Canada and the two met up again. Patricio decided to take up MVP's offer to be his student and MVP willingly welcomed Patricio to train under him to fulfill his dream as a wrestler. This was all done behind his parent's back, and to facilitate this, Patricio's cousins still have Patricio as part time owner only by name, but in fact, his shares were sold to both of them.

Patricio then began the training to be a wrestler under the tutelage of MVP, even to the point that with MVP's blessing, he adopted some elements of the gimmick and added some of his own. With the endorsement of MVP, Patricio signed with the WWE and began his days as a Perforamance Center trainee until he was given a chance to flourish in NXT.

Developing a hustler brawler type of gimmick, he debuted as Don Patricio and thrived in the Black and Gold brand as a singles competitor and as an erst-while member of Legado del Fantasma, which became one of his breakout moments, apart from having matches in WarGames, as well as having feuds with Matt Riddle, Breezango, Damian Priest, Kushida, Keith Lee among others. 

With a call up on horizon, can Don Patricio make his way into the main roster and keep hustling to remain?

A bit drawn out of an intro chapter but this one will be another interesting ride.