Chapter 11: Rise and Frustration

May 4, 2020
Monday Night Raw
Arena
Hours before show

Don and Cedric were hanging around since they were now booked as a legitimate tag team to represent the Hurt Business. Cedric was cool as a cucumber while Don was fired up.

Cedric: Diamond Donny, don't be sweatin' man! - laughs -

Don: Well, now everyone will for sure expect a lot from us. 

Cedric: Wouldn't say a lot. But yeah, I kinda get where you're coming from. At least you were never made to just sit out while on tour while the others keep getting handed down title opportunities. 

Don: Here I thought it's a myth.

Cedric: Well, Full Sail is as they say, heaven. Main Roster is a jungle. And hey, since this will be our first time teaming together, I heard something big will be done with the Tag Titles. 

Don: Yeah, I bet it's a big deal alright.

Cedric: Of course it is! Finally, Tag Team wrestling will be given a resurgence hopefully. - feels his phone vibrate - Oh! Shane wants us in his office. You coming with?

Don: Yeah, I will.... 

While Don is about to finish his sentence, he saw Liv walking with Ruby. Cedric was about to smirk at Don, but Don read Cedric's "nudging."

Don: Go on ahead first Ced, I have to catch up with her.

Cedric: Alright - walks a part of the way away, shouting - Social Media's a thing! Get her number man!

Don looks all annoyed then approaches the Riotts. Liv and Ruby were in the middle of a chat then were greeted by Don Patricio. Liv then looked all cheery and smiling.

Liv: Donny! - giggles -

Don: Oh, hi Liv! - smiles back -

Ruby: Oh sure, I'm not here - smirks -

Don: Oh, didn't forget about you Ruby. Hey there!

Ruby: Hey! - looks at Liv - He's a yes for me G! - laughs -

Liv: Rue Rue! - pouts -

Ruby: As a friend! Come on G, unless you wanted that for him to be something more - smirks -

Liv: Dori! 

As Liv called Ruby out by her real name, she was bouncing but it was one of annoyance, like a little kid who was denying. Don can only laugh and feel for her, but at the same time, make him want her more.

Don's mind: Wow. her bouncing about is....no no! Come on man, that is just adorable and brings out her peppy charm. Even if she is being teased.

Don was drowning in his own thoughts when Liv and Ruby began to notice this.

Ruby: Uhh Don? - smirks - Liv, wanna do your thing?

Liv looks at Ruby all annoyed and begins to hug him. Liv then happily grunted while Don was in her arms.

Don felt a certain warmth get him back to the arena after being drowned in his thoughts. He then respectfully hovers his hands on her lower back as he hugs back. 

Liv was shocked at this gesture, but remembering that Ruby is watching, she tried to whisper in Don's ear.

Liv: Huggies for a friend?

Don then answered by gently landing his hand on her thigh as Liv then wraps him in her trademark Huggies. Both felt like they were in their own world, with their hearts beating on top of one another. Never mind that Don was basically holding her thigh up as Liv wrapped herself on him and their chests are pressed together. It was at that moment, they understood one another as friends.