Chapter 10 Start of Gamer Don's LIVing

April 28, 2020
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Hotel
Morning

With Don Patricio
Don wakes up and does some morning stretches as he gets off his bed. He notices Shelton's bed is empty but he hears some murmuring by the couch outside the bedroom. He spots Shelton on videochat with someone.

Shelton: - to person he is videochatting - Now you take care alright? Daddy loves you.

???: Thanks Dad.

Shelton's video chat ends and he was shocked to see Don by the side and composed himself again.

Shelton: - wipes his eyes - Oh! Morning Donny.

Don: Uhhh... I'm guessing. Family?

Shelton: Yeah man. Checked up with them?

Don felt a tinge of discomfort when the mention of family came in. Shelton saw the uneasiness.

Shelton: Sorry, touchy topic?

Don: Well, mentor knows of this and Liv too. You see, I wasn't what you call "obedient." My parents wanted me to be a good son and inherit the family business regardless of my whims. Hell, when they knew I was wrestling behind their backs, they stopped me from continuing on. Even as I met mentor in Japan, they laughed at my dream. It's as if with them, no matter what I must obey. 

Shelton: Oh, sorry about that Don. I'm guessing they don't know your being here in the WWE huh?

Don: No. In fact, the only thing they know of is I am helping my cousins back in Vancouver with their sports apparel company that we started.

Shelton: So you own a business. But how did you exactly end up here and under the tutelage of MVP?

Don: I sold my shares but I only own some stock by name. Actually my cousin pays for me initially until I got here.

Shelton: Wow, that's quite messy. But at some point they have to find out Don. You can't hide from them forever. Especially that you're miles and miles apart from both your family and your cousins.

Don was only silent as he prepared 2 slices of bread in the bread toaster and made himself a cup of coffee. Shelton then continued on.

Shelton: I leave this to you Don. No matter if you disagree with them. They're still family. Now I'm not going to tell you to leave and get released to help them with the business but I leave what you want to do to you.

Don felt a tinge of guilt but took a sip of his coffee. He recalled Liv bringing this up back at the steakhouse.

Flashback
Liv: Oh... but Donny, you have to tell your parents. It's good at least that - sad voice - both are still alive. I only have my mom left. My dad was gone early on in my life...

Don notices that Liv's cheerful demeanor took a swing towards the sad side and placed his hand reassuringly above hers.

Don: I had to hide my life now because I want to be given a degree of freedom. I've had enough of being told what I can and can't do. But in time, when it comes, I tell them. I just hope they will understand.

Liv: - giggles - hey, don't worry. That time will come, and when it comes, they will still see you as their son. But you need to find that time, Don.

Present Day
Don was in a trance recalling those times when the toaster went off as the pieces of toast have been lifted. Shelton saw Don's breakfast.

Shelton: Isn't that pretty light for a breakfast now Donny?

Don: Well, I figure we'd need to be quick because we'll be meeting up with Liv and Ruby.