Chapter 9: New Business Plans

A/N: Again another batch of releases hours ago and this one hurts deep because a key element in this story was involved. Make that KEY elements. Ruby Riott and the Riott Squad. This will be hard to paint a perfect world. But we'll see. We'll see how it goes. 

As I posted during Black Thursday 2021, may all those released and their families be in better times and they get back on their feet. An oft forgotten line but always reminded of it from the campaign poster of a local politician, Tomorrow will be better than today. Hope it holds true for those who got cut.

Too much drama already seeping into this one. Let's begin.

April 27, 2020
Target Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 hours before the show

The Hurt Business had arrived and were all waiting around.

Cedric: Diamond Donny! Our Most Valuable Player from last night - puts his hand up for a high five -

Don: - high fives back with some hesitation - Please do not call me that Ced.

Shelton: Ay yo! Why man? You hit the match winning move that made our group here the hitmakers we all deserve to be!

Don: I'm no MVP Shelton.

Lashley sees this and puts a hand on Don's shoulder 

Lashley: Hey, you have it easier to be honest. For me, it took almost 15 years for the company to get it right when it comes to booking me. For Shelton, just as long, or even longer. Same can be said of your mentor, just hope he's here to say some words....

Then out of nowhere, footsteps assisted with the use of a cane  were heard.

MVP: - jokingly - Now did I approve of you speaking for me, Berto?

Rest of the Hurt Business: P!

Don: Mentor!

MVP: Now now, I'm not dead. But I see you all can handle yourselves without me - sounding a bit sad -

Don: Oh no, mentor please....

MVP: - suddenly laughs - Oh I'm just messing with you all, but hey! You all did great last night while I was getting evaluated. Berto, you dominated in that title defense. As for the three of you - points to the rest - I did not make a mistake in bringing you all in. 

Shelton: Means a lot P!

Cedric: Hey man, thanks for that.

Don: Anything for you, mentor.

MVP: Now Donny, come on. At some point, you'll have to make a name for yourself. You'll have to stop clinging on to me man. 

The rest of the Hurt Business were confused.

Lashley: What are you talking about P?

Cedric: Are we about to split?

MVP: - puts his hands up in defense - no no! Fellas, don't forget that I am also a producer apart from an on-screen talent. Just sucks I'll do more producing than competing given that I will need this cane until I get surgery.

Lashley: Man, that worse huh?

MVP: Well, age finally caught up to me - sadly looks down - but hey, that won't stop me from making sure you all succeed. So tonight, we have to make everyone knows of my injury, BUT, we got ourselves a re-strategizing to do.

While the Hurt Business were having their pow-wow meeting, they saw the Riott Squad and they also do not look pleased.

with the Riott Squad