Chapter 41 Continuation of Hurt

August 31, 2020
WWE Monday Night Raw
Wells Fargo Arena
Des Moines, Iowa

Raw tonight felt like tension was still high in the air even after being days removed from Summerslam. After a loss that shook the Hurt Business and caused a break up in one of the Women's Tag Teams,  the anger and hurt feelings still fester.

Timeskip to last minutes of Ruby Riott v. Lana
As Ruby was able to take down and dispatch Lana, Lana tries to make a last ditch effort by hitting a Superkick. Ruby however dodges and wrenches Lana's arm for a Riott Kick. Ruby then covers Lana for the pin

ONE...TWO...THREE!

Ruby had her arm raised then begqn to stomp away at a downed Lana. As Ruby was stomping down, she was stopped by Liv as the Problem Child strikes at her former tag team partner. Ruby escapes as Liv screams at her.

Backstage
Middle of the 1st Hour of Raw
MVP is backstage as he sees Don and Shelton, both still a little banged up from Summerslam. MVP then speaks to his mentee and Shelton.

MVP: Look you two, you need to prove to our CEO that you guys are still buying in to the Hurt Business.

Shelton: I always have been!

MVP: Not after you choked away twice now against Drew.

Shelton: Well, the other choker is here anyway

Don: You've got to be kidding me. 

MVP: Both of you better can it. Right now, I have to relay to you both and *pokes Don on the chest* you are lucky Cedric is being calmed down by Bobby not to rip your damned head off. We will be reorganizing in terms of targets. You all better fix your games or we will as easy as drop you and good luck finding yourself still around.

Don: You can't be serious

MVP yanks Don by the shirt collar as he stresses his point.

MVP: Even my words cannot save you once our CEO decides to tell you to take a damned hike. You better do all you can to be in the good graces of Lashley or as I said, good luck. 

Don looks to the side and as this happens, Liv Morgan passes by still in a fit after Ruby escaped her vengeful assault. The newest addition to the Hurt Business took notice as MVP began to shake his mentee more by the collar.

MVP: Are you listening?

Don: Oh uh, yeah, I am.

MVP: Good. Fix your faces. All of you!

The little "meeting" adjourned as MVP, Shelton and Don separated and went their own ways.

Timeskip to the United States Championship Match
Ricochet v. Apollo Crews (c)
Ricochet and Apollo were both able to counter each other's offensive moves and at this point, they were groggy, awaiting to deal their final moves. As Apollo was about to go for the Gorilla Press Slam. Ricochet was able to wriggle out of the hold as he hits a Ric Rack. 

Ricochet then slaps on the mat as he goes to the top turnbuckle to go for the 450 splash. At the last minute, Apollo was able to roll out of the way, making Ricochet land on the mat at full impact. As he groggily gets up, Apollo sets him up for the Spin Out Powerbomb and pins him for the decisive title defense.

ONE....TWO...THREE!

Apollo got up and had his arm raised as Mike Rome announced that Crews retained his US Title. Ricochet got up as both friends shook hands and Ricochet applauded as Apollo began posing around with the title. 

As Ricochet left, Apollo was on one knee with the title in his hands. The crowd gasped in unison as suddenly, Don comes in and hits the United States Champion with a Mercy Shot

 The crowd gasped in unison as suddenly, Don comes in and hits the United States Champion with a Mercy Shot

Boos hailed in as Don gets up after kicking Apollo's head off. Don then slowly grabs the United States Championship as he raises it over the fallen champion.

Joe; Well, I guess someone took MVP and Lashley's words to heart.

Byron: Really Joe? 

Backstage
Don was caught by Charly as she interviews him.

Charly: Don, mind explaining why you assaulted Apollo Crews after his match....

Don: Isn't it clear enough? All a part of the reorganization of targets for the Hurt Business and I have set my sights on the United States Championship.

Charly: All this after dropping the Raw Tag...

Don: *rudely cuts* ALL part of the plan. If you will excuse me...

Don walks away and he passes by a passing Liv Morgan who took notice as both stared the other down before Don walks to his locker room.