Thanks for your service

Olivia was sat in the break room with a cup of coffee just checking her emails on her phone when a newly familiar presence graced her lonesome self, "hey" jay spoke out confidently.  Olivia looked up and smiled, "hey" she nodded as he poured himself some coffee too.  She put her phone and grabbed her mug as jay sat down on the chair opposite, "so Halstead, tell me about yourself" she smiled.  It was their break so they could at least have some down time, after all, they had nothing to go off and they were extremely tired already.  

                 Jay smiled, "unfortunately there's not much to know, I used to be a ranger, I have a brother and I'm exhausted" he laughed a little.  Olivia laughed and put her mug down, "a ranger huh? Which battalion?" She smiled.  Jay smiled back, it was nice to talk to someone who was in a similar position, "3rd and 75th" he nodded.  Olivia smiled, "nice, how long? If you don't mind me asking that is" she added since she realised how weird her pushing him sounded.  Jay laughed, "not at all, only 3 years though, 1 tour in Afghanistan" he nodded.  Olivia smiled thankfully, "thanks for your service" she nodded.  Jay smiled back, "you too" he tilted his head.  Olivia smiled and picked her mug back up.

               "So lieutenant, tell me about you" he used the uno reverse card.  Olivia smiled, "well I'm sure you've already figured but I'm in the army, two sisters, a brother, and I too am exhausted" she smirked.  Jay smiled, "wow, how long have you been in service?" He put his mug down.  Olivia smiled "12 years" she nodded.  Jay raised an eyebrow, "wow, that's impressive. I'm assuming you've seen action?" He tilted his head.  Olivia nodded, "yeah, 9 tours then I transferred to the police unit" she smiled.  Jay raised his eyebrows, "that's tough, it's worth it in the end though" he smiled.  Olivia nodded, "definitely" she smiled back before they were interrupted by hank since they were both needed again.

Olivia was going through some information with her team and intelligence in the bullpen when her phone rang, "excuse me, I have to take this" she excused herself. They all nodded and left her to take her phone call in the break room. She looked at the phone screen and saw who it was, that caller ID always makes her nervous.
Olivia: "afternoon ma'am"
Commissioner: "afternoon lieutenant, I'm just calling to check in, anything new?"
Olivia: "no ma'am, we had a hit this morning but it was a bust. We're working on connecting our cases"
Commissioner: "are you short on numbers?"
Olivia: "no ma'am, a lot of the unit are still on break. We haven't got a lot to go on yet"
Commissioner: "no problem Harper, you call me if you need anything"
Olivia: "thank you ma'am"

They both hung up the phone and Olivia walked back out into the bullpen, luckily it was nothing important, "where we at?" She smiled at Kim. Kim nodded, "not far, the burner phones are useless and there's no credible link to the rapes from our case to yours" she sighed. Olivia nodded, "he's a ticking time tomb, we've just gotta play his waiting game. He'll get bored of hiding out soon" she huffed and the team agreed with her.  Just as she was about to take a moment to think one of her officers walked up and saluted her, "lieutenant, we've got something" she nodded.  Olivia looked at jay and hank since they were the ones who went with her, "let's go" she nodded to them.

Back at the camp they hurried their way over to the board and laptops, "what've we got?" Olivia put her cap down. A few of her officers nodded, "his credit card was pinged on 112th, he bought a bunch of nails, screws, nuts and bolts, it looks like he's gonna bomb again" Jessica huffed. Olivia nodded, "any pod footage?" She looked at her media personnel. Luke nodded, "we're pulling it up now" he tapped his keyboard. Hank and jay moved around so they could see the screen as Olivia did the same, they watched the footage but it wasn't what they were expecting.

"That's not Walker, it's his wife" Olivia huffed and rubbed her hand over her face. Jay looked at her in confusion, "she's been involved before?" He tilted his head. Olivia nodded and walked over to the board, she tapped the Afghanistan map which was full of target circles, "she used to dispose of the evidence back when we had them overseas, she would burn everything then stay in hiding, she was good, better then he is. She's the brains of the duo but shes been off the radar for a few months" she sighed. Hank nodded then looked at Luke, "when was this?" He folded his arms. Luke nodded, "half an hour ago sir" he tilted the screen upwards. Hank nodded then looked at Olivia and jay, "he's quick, the bomb could even be made by now. We need eyes and ears on her ASAP" she started but hanks phone rang which broke their discussion up.

Hank stepped to the side and took the phone call from Adam who was back at the bullpen.
Hank: "what you got?"
Adam: "there's a bomb threat down on union, this could be him"
Hank: "it's not Walker, it's his wife. Get the team and meet us there"
Adam: "on it"

He walked back over to the group again quickly, "there's an active bomb threat on union, this is it" he grabbed his gun from the table. Olivia nodded, "let's go, 5 of you follow me we're moving out, now!" She called over to her team. All 8 of them made their way out to their vehicles, some had to ride in Hanks car but they made their way down to union, Olivia didn't have a vest on but it was fine since hank had a spare police vest in his trunk, the rest of her men were suited up though and so was jay and the intelligence unit.