good luck girl

*two months later*

Olivia plodded down the stairs with her hair in a messy bun as he heard jay and rue laughing away, "good morning lazy ass" jay looked up. Olivia scoffed as he stood up to give her a quick peck on the lips, "shut up, maybe I could've actually slept last night if a certain someone didn't snore so much" she looked him up and down. Jay raised his hands in defence as Olivia picked rue up, "hey I can't help it..." he smirked. Olivia smirked back as she wandered around the living room with a very happy rue in her arms, "I'm gonna buy you're daddy some nose plugs so he'll be quiet at night, what do you think about that stinky?" She bushed the loose curls out of her face.

Rue giggled and bounced around, "da!"
She squealed. The pair laughed since no matter how much they tried to get her to say 'dada', it wasn't working. Jay smiled, "Wills gonna pick her up at 9 then we can go to work, so you have enough time for a shower because your hair looks like a rats nest" he placed a hand around her waist and kissed her forehead. Olivia gasped, "wow you're so kind, I love you too Halstead" she laughed and handed rue over so she could shower, after all, he wasn't wrong. Jay just laughed as she ran back upstairs. He sighed happily, confessing his love to her two months ago really was the best move he's ever made because now they live together at her house and they're in love.

                   They cruised into the bullpen looking good as usual as they received their usual flirty stairs from their friends.  Hank broke the sweetness in the air by announcing their latest case, "luis vega, wanted for drug distribution and illegal activities. He's a former army vet, 3 tours in Afghanistan. We need his ass off the street but he has recruiters working all over the place. Jay you're going under, use you're military background to get under his skin. He's lethal" he sighed.  Everyone looked at jay and Olivia, they know how bad military related cases affect jay and now there's two vets in the room it could get a hole lot worse.

                       Jay looked around before looking at Olivia, "when?" He sighed.  Hank nodded, "his sister Camilla works in a bar, he might even be there or she might just know where he is. Get suited up, you're heading under now" he waved him off.  They all nodded and got to work, it was only a matter of time before this all went to crap...

Hours had passed and not one person had heard from jay, they all knew he didn't exactly have a schedule for this UC, but they thought he'd be back with a bit of information by now. Hank sighed, "jay called, he's drunk. Kev go pick him up..." he rubbed his face. Olivia stood up in worry and followed hank into his office, "why the hell is he drunk?" She sat down. Hank nodded, "from what I could understand he said luis got caught up in a bar fight, so he interrupted and told him to walk it off. Apparently camilla needed help in getting luis home since he was drunk too, probably high as well, so jay helped. He used that as his chance to get something out of camilla about luis, what that is I have no clue. But I want you to go home and sober him up before tomorrow, maybe get Will to keep rue for the night too" he smiled weakly.

Back at home, it was only Olivia and her nerves since rue was staying with Will for the night. Olivia knew how drinking affected jays perception of cases, especially when it comes to his background, she could only hope he didn't go too far. She heard a clatter at the door before it opened with a thud, "woah... well hello good looking" jay slurred but waved at Olivia. She sighed but stood up and walked over to kevin who was ever so kindly delivering her drunk boyfriend back home. Kevin smirked, "good luck girl, you're gonna need it" he sighed as jay latched onto Olivia's neck. Now it was jay and Olivia on their own, she guided him over to the couch where they sat down with a huff.

Jay groaned, "you're my girlfriend, right?" He slurred. Olivia took his shoes off, "I am" she raised her eyebrows and went to walk away but he grabbed her arm gently, "good" he smiled up at her. She couldn't help but smile back before going to put his shoes on the rack. He twined as she walked into the kitchen, "hey wife! I want you back on the couch..." he slurred. Olivia laughed to herself before filling up a glass of water and giving it to him, "wow, so kind" he sipped on it. Olivia sighed, "how'd you get drunk?" She raised her eyebrows. Jay nodded, "welllllll, luis started talking about his tours then he got drunk so I thought heyyyyy let's join in. So we drank and talked out life.." he grabbed her hand. Olivia nodded, "and? You feeling any better from it?" She sighed. Jay nodded, "oh yeah, I'm good now" he yawned. Queue the long night ahead of Olivia...