yeah me too

*two months later*

                    Everything was back to normal now, jay was finally back in his own apartment and the kids were back in Scotland.  It was quiet around the house now and she kind of wanted the chaos back.  They were all sat in the bullpen just cracking on with their work, "when did you say your date with that girl was again?" Olivia nudged jays leg under the desks.  Jay looked up and laughed a little, "tonight why?" He smiled a little, his high school sweetheart just so happened to be in Chicago and she messaged him asking if he wanted to catch up some time a few days ago.  Olivia smiled back, "no reason" she shook her head. 

                       Jay could read her like a book, "I know that look, who's the man and when?" He raised his eyebrows.  Olivia sighed, "you got me, he's a guy from the military branch I was in and tonight..." she tilted her head.  Jay laughed a little, "very nice, where you meeting him?" He looked at her suspiciously since she'd already given him this talk yesterday.  Olivia smiled, "I don't know where it is but it's a bar called Gemini something..." shrugged.  Jay smirked, "you'll never believe this, but that's exactly opposite where I'm meeting cassie" he laughed.  Olivia widened her eyes, "oh god, could this have been planned out any worse?" She smiled, looks like they're both going to be busy tonight.

At around 7pm Olivia found herself sat in the window on a high stool waiting for Chris to arrive, he was meant to be here 10 minutes ago but so far there's no sign of him. At first she was going to wait before order her first drink but she caved in and ordered a passion fruit martini instead. She sighed and smiled at the waitress as she gave her the drink, hopefully he won't be too long now. Jay on the other hand was sat chatting away with Cassie, they were just chatting about anything and everything since they hadn't seen each other in a really long time. He had saw that Olivia was sat in the window downstairs at the bar opposite but as of right now he didn't know what she was up to.

Olivia had been waiting for 45 minutes, and there was still no sign of Chris at all either. She decided that she was stupid for believing they could've had a chance this time, and that she was just dumb for giving him the second chance since in the back of her mind she knew this would happen. She waved the waitress over and paid for her drink she ordered earlier, "sorry about what happened ma'am" the waitress smiled sadly then walked away. Olivia sighed and stood up, "yeah me too" she mumbled to herself and grabbed her clutch before walking out of the club. She had a black slick dress with silver heels on, she even dressed up nicely for this just to be let down.

Jay and Cassie had both consumed a fair amount of alcohol so neither of them could drive, Cassie smiled, "my place?" She laughed as they made their way out of the bar they were just in. Jay smiled and nodded, "sure" he looked up. When he looked up he was a little confused, he saw his partner walking down the road on her own with no sign of this Chris guy she mentioned. He watched as she got into a cab before it drove away, he was snapped out of his thoughts when a drunk Cassie pulled him into a cab themselves.

                        Olivia got out of the cab after paying and walked through her front door, well that was pretty uneventful, she sighed and kicked off her heels before running upstairs to jump into a nice hot shower.  Once she was done she just settled down on the couch to watch a film, she even checked her messages from Chris to see if she went to the right place, but she did, he just didn't turn up.  She rolled her eyes and and threw her phone down before watching the film again.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Jay was hung over the next morning and he was still in the same clothes which is why he arrived at work before everyone else, just so he could change. Olivia strolled into the bullpen to see that it was empty, that was until jay made her jump, "I saw you leave last night" he clipped his badge onto his belt. Olivia turned around in shock, "oh really?" she smiled then turned back around, "I didn't see a Chris with you though..." he added. Olivia looked up and sighed, "funny story actually, he didn't show up" she shrugged and kept her back to him. Jay frowned, "he didn't? What a dick, I'm sorry liv..." he squeezed her shoulder.  Olivia laughed a little, "it's no big deal, I blocked his number in return so there goes that. Besides, I watched an elderly couple dance all night, so it wasn't too bad" she smiled.  Jay smiled back, "enough about me, it looks like someone had a good night" she snickered and looked at his tired eyes.

                     Jay sighed, "if that's what you wanna call it then sure" he sighed.  Olivia smiled, "it wasn't that bad was it?" She sat down.  Jay shrugged, "let's just say it was the alcohol talking and not me" he sighed, "we've both changed a little too much" he smiled.  Olivia smiled back, so both of their nights were flops, great...