fire it at me

*5 days later*

                 Olivia found herself sat at her desk and hovering her fingers over her work phone, she'd just made one of the biggest decisions in her life and now she was calling a certain someone to let them know.  After taking a big breath she dialled the number and let it ring once or twice before blinking slowly and putting the phone up to her ear, the call ran for a few more seconds before a husky voice could be heard on the other end of the line.
Hank: "Voight"
Olivia: "hey sarge, it's Olivia"
Hank: "gosh hi Olivia, how're you doing?"
Olivia: "I'm good thanks, I was just calling to let you know I've made a decision"
Hank: "alright great, fire it at me"
Olivia: "I've decided to step back from the army and I'd like to take you up on that offer if it's still available?"
Hank: "of course it's still available, I never looked for another possible member"
Olivia: "that means a lot Sarge, thank you. I can be in Chicago by the end of the week if you're needing me at work"
Hank: "the end of the weeks fine Olivia, don't rush. The spot on my teams yours and I'm glad you accepted it"
Olivia: "I'm happy to work for you, so, I'll see you soon yeah?"
Hank: "definitely, thanks for calling liv"
Olivia: "thank you, see you soon"
Hank: "bye now"

                     She smiled and hung up the call, now it's officially real, she's moving to chicago for her new home, her new family, her new life.  She immediately grabbed her personal phone out and called the real estate agent she was working with to confirm her offer on the house she put the claim on, it was all so surreal, she could finally settle down in life after 12 long and gruelling, yet rewarding, years in the military.  The phone call went well, really well actually, the agent told her that the sellers accepted her offer and she was now the proud owner of a beautiful 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms house in a nice neighbourhood in Chicago.  You may be wondering why she would need 3 bedrooms, but you see, the thing is she needs to be prepared for when her sibling come to stay with her since that happens rather often nowadays.

She's loving life at the moment and she has every reason to; she's got a beautiful new home to move into, a new job with people she already knows and trusts, three amazing siblings in Europe and great overall health, what's not to love? She has two sisters and a brother, her brother is 4, her youngest sister is 15 and her oldest sister is 25, who just so happens to chase and study tornadoes all over the world, how cool? Another thing she was grateful for was the frequent visits from her siblings, sometimes they would come stay with her for a week or two as a vacation getaway or sometimes it would be because their dad is incapable of looking after two kids when her older sister is working abroad. Her dad was fairly useless when it came to parenting, which is why he wasn't around for her as a kid.

                 Anyways, back to the present moment.  The commissioner had already heard about her plans to leave the army since Olivia handed her leavers notice in 3 days ago.  She got up from her desk and strolled out into the bullpen where her now ex platoon was working, "listen up guys, it's gonna feel weird not seeing you all around me everyday but the times come for me to move on and I'm a little sad to say that I'm leaving the army and transferring to the intelligence unit in Chicago..." she smiled at her men as they saluted at her but instantly watched their faces drop. They all smiled as she took off her hat to show them all respect, Jessica walked over and gave her old lieutenant a hug, "I had a funny feeling they'd steal you from us" she laughed. Olivia smiled, "I'm gonna miss the hustle around here, but I think being a captain isn't really in my gut" she shrugged.

After the whole team had said their goodbyes Olivia walked around to visit all of the staff and officers, most of them knew about her leaving plans so they had gotten her some cards and treats as a farewell bid, she loved the team but she knew her rightful place was now in Chicago. She had no plans to be here now and quite frankly she'd rather get on the road sooner than expected, so after she'd said her final goodbyes to the commissioner and the platoon she packed up her office belongings into a few boxes and loaded them into her car. She gave her team one last wave before leaving the gates and driving back to her home in Jacksonville where she could finish up packing, all ready to move tomorrow.

                When she got home she flopped onto the couch and looked around at the living room which was filled with boxes, she knew moving to Chicago would be a big opportunity, but it's something she's wanted for a while now, a change...

                  Later that night she got changed into the PJ's she'd left unpacked and went to bed early since the luggage removal van was coming at 6am to pick up her stuff, she knew this was how her life needed to be now, settled and relaxed rather than always on edge and yelling commands at people.  She loved every minute of being in the army, maybe not the throwing up after hardcore exercise sessions of course, but most of it was pleasant, however she wanted to be with the intelligence unit, they are her family now...