slow your horses

*two weeks later*

                 Olivia had gone back to work a few days ago, but she's already throwing herself into cases as if nothing had happened and the team all know why, they're painfully watching her distract herself with other new problems to avoid facing her biggest issue. So when this recent case flagged up in the units radar, everyone became a little apprehensive to snatch at it, they knew it would affect Olivia with it being so touchy. But then again, Olivia had hopped on the bandwagon before they could object, and here they are trying to solve this mess...

                  So when jay arrived on scene, he saw Olivia crouched over a body scanning every little detail as if it would disappear in the next five seconds, "did you get anything?" He slipped a pair of gloves on.  She stood up and shook her head, "our victim was a doa, but she's a Jane doe at the minute. I asked forensics to put a rush on the lab order, pretty sure she matches the Killers MO" she sighed.  Jay nodded and looked around, "good, um hey... you got away this morning, everything alright?" He sighed, talking about how he woke up to an empty bed and a note on the kitchen table.  She nodded and folded her arms, "yeah I just wanted to finish off my paperwork before shift started, I'm fine" she kept her eyes away from his.  He frowned and faced her, "liv you just came back to work, take it easy..." he shook his head, his voice a little stern.  She sighed, "I'm good, jay... really" she squeezed his arm.  He watched in frustration and sadness as she walked away to go full hank in.

Hank looked up from the computer screen to see Olivia walking over to him, "the victims a Jane doe, she was a doa. But from the injuries on her arms it looks like this is linked to stammer, he knows we're onto him, probably fled the scene right before patrol got here" she sighed. Hank nodded, "any dna?" He folded his arms. She shook her head, "forensics put a rush on it, but the evidence is bagged so we'll get it to them now" she explained. Hank nodded, "good, take Halstead and check out the corner store, maybe they have security footage that saw something" he waved her off, "copy that" she smiled weakly and jogged back over to her partner.  Hank watched carefully as Olivia got into jays truck, he knows she's stressing out and he wants to take this case away from her...

"Hey, your footage. Is it credible?" Olivia tapped the counter as the cashier turned around, "I don't know, is it?" He scoffed. Olivia laughed in disbelief and shook her head, "a little girl was just shot and killed outside of your store, so it either is or it isn't" she snapped. Jay was a little taken aback by her tone, "hey... look, we just wanna give this family a little justice here. Is your footage credible or not?" He placed a hand on Olivia's arm to signal for her to back down.  She sighed weakly and stepped back a bit to let jay take over, clearly her emotions aren't as easily controlled anymore, "yeah, it is, but I won't be able to give you it right now. It takes a day to download, if you leave your details I can send it over tomorrow morning" the cashier rolled his eyes at Olivia and nodded understandably at jay.  Olivia looked around before slowly wandering over to the door, this man was starting to wind her up.

                   It took jay a few minutes to write his details down before it was all done, "thank you" he shoved his pen back into his pocket, "no problem, just leave your asshole buddy outside next time" the cashier huffed.  Jay shot the man a challenging glare, he wanted to leap across the counter and knock the smirk off his face, but he also didn't want to lose his job.  So he kept silent, despite the hardship it proved, and walked over to the door before leaving the tiny store.  "Hey, what was all that about?" He walked over to Olivia and stood in front of her, blocking her only view of the incoming sunlight.  She looked down and folded her arms, "what? he pissed me off, besides, I just wanna find out what's going on here, don't you?" she began to reason.