sorry...

*six months later*

                     Jay was stood in the mirror of his apartment fastening up his tie since he was being made to sit and listen into a court hearing about a case he went undercover on a month ago.  He snapped out of his trance when he heard Olivia singing to rue in the nursery next door. He walked out of his room and stood in the doorway of the nursery to just listen in; Olivia has literally been his lifeline through all of this, when he's had no clue on what to do or any doubts about parenting, Olivia's always by his side to help him out and even though he hasn't confessed his feelings for her yet, he loves her. He has no idea how she's so calm and collected all of the time but he's noticed that rues a lot calmer when the adult is, so he's still learning.

Olivia held the sleeping 11 month old in her arms as she swayed side to side, "you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when sky's are grey..." she sang quietly to her as rue relaxed into her arms. Jay smiled happily, "she asleep yet?" He leant against the door. Olivia turned around and smiled, "yeah" she walked over to him. Jay smiled and planted a kiss on the baby's head before the pair walked out into his living room. Olivia set rue down into her car chair carrier thing before strapping her in, "I'll be back before 6, I hope" he sighed as Olivia stood up.  Olivia smiled, "don't worry about it, I'll pick rue up at 4 then go home. Voight said there's no case today anyways, we're on call" she smiled.  Jay smiled back, "thank you..." he sighed, it's been pretty stressful but it's worth it. 

                    Olivia smiled, "you could do with a night out jay, go to mollys after the hearing. I'll take care of her" she smiled.  Jay shook his head, "no I can't, you need a break too..." he started but she cut him off, "jay you've done nothing but stress for the past month, take a break, have a drink with the boys or something" she laughed and slapped his arm.  Jay looked at her in awe, "maybe, I'll see. But you need to take a break too" he nudged her arm back.  Olivia smiled, "maybe another day" she shrugged and picked up rues bag. He sighed, "let's go" he picked up rues carrier before the pair made their way downstairs and out to their cars.  Olivia strapped the car seat into the back of her car then gently closed the door, "see you later" she smiled.  Jay smiled back, "bye" he waved her off since was on her way to drop rue off at the babysitters apartment.

Everything was going fine until Olivia received a call from rues babysitter at around 3pm, she furrowed her brows and walked into the break room to answer it.
Olivia: "Mia? Everything alright?"
Mia: "no... we... can't... stuck..."
Olivia: "Mia you're breaking up..."
Mia: "..."

She furrowed her brows in worry as mias end of the call cut off, she ran around the corner to see hank sat in his office, "hey sarge, am I okay to go check on rue and her babysitter? Something doesn't feel right..." she shook her head. Hank looked up, rues like a grandchild to him, "yeah of course, what it is?" He stood up. Olivia shrugged, "I have no idea, she just called but I couldn't hear much" she grabbed her jacket. Hank nodded, "alright, call me if there's anything wrong" he waved her off. Olivia stuck her thumb up then ran off, she practically began driving before even closing the car door and sped off to mias apartment complex.

When she pulled up it was rather confusing, there were people stood outside looking up at the building, "you can't go in..." a woman coughed and stopped Olivia. Huh? Olivia shook her head, "why not? What's going on?" She started but was cut off by a loud explosion from the building. Large clouds of fire and black smoke erupted from the shattered windows, "sh*t..." Olivia backed up and pulled her phone out. There was some kind of fire going on and the fire service wasn't here yet; but the worst part was, rue and Mia are still inside... She immediately dialled jays number in a panic.