positive

*four days later*

                   Olivia was stood in the bedroom fastening up her blouse when jay walked in wearing his suit and tie, todays the court hearing and she can't stop fiddling with things to keep her busy, busy from the thoughts, the memories and the feelings... She hadn't really gone through much change in the past few days, she's still the same; barely eating, not sleeping, nightmares... It's a vicious cycle she's trapped in, and jay has witnessed every moment.  

               "Mandys coming in 10, you feeling okay?" He folded his arms as he watched her put her blazer on, "yeah" she shrugged weakly, not really knowing if she was lying or not.  He stopped forwards and placed his hands on the side of her arms, "are you sure you wanna do this? You know you can't be distracted, right?" He smiled weakly.  She looked up at him and nodded, "positive" she spoke blankly, jay nodded slowly, if she says she's ready for this then he can't stop her... She looked down and straightened her pencil skirt out, "don't let him get to your head" he placed his hands on her shoulders.  She nodded and smiled through the mirror, that might be easier said than done...

~~~~~~

"All rise..." the bailiff boomed from his place in the centre of the court room. Jay, hank, Olivia, her lawyer and Trudy were all sat on the front row; the rest of the unit right behind them, the family of yates were sat on the other side...

"I do..." Emily finished her sworn promise, then took her hand off the bible before stepping down from the stand and walking back over to her seat. She was now sat in front of the barrier with her lawyer on one side and hank on the other, jay was stood directly behind her in the front row of benches. "You may be seated" the clerk announced to the rest of the court room. There was a shuffling of clothes before the judge cleared his throat, he said a few words before it was time, yates would make his first appearance.

As the side door flew open, yates immediately came strolling out in his suit and tie, although his hand cuffs were secured behind his back, he looked far too cocky for a man who could be going to jail. He made direct eye contact with Olivia as he walked right past her. Hank was sat right next to her, so he felt Olivia's leg bounce up and down rapidly. He used his hand to push her knee down which forced her to stop it, "you can't show any signs of worry now" he whispered as yates took his seat on the other side of the room. Olivia nodded slowly and took a deep breath.

"Please call your first witness to the stand" the judge looked over to Olivia's lawyer. Her lawyer nudged her leg to get her moving, so Olivia slowly stood up and silently made her way over to the stand. She stepped up and sat down, "could you spell out your first and last name please, detective?" The judge looked down at her. Olivia nodded and looked out to the crowd in front of her, making eye contact with jay who shot her a reassuring wink, but also made eye contact with yates who was smirking, "O,L,I,V,I,A... H,A,R,P,E,R..." she spoke confidently.  She watched in disgust as yates mouthed her name as she spoke, it knocked her a little queasy. 

               "You we're working on the day Gregory yates kidnapped you, is that right detective?" The judge looked down at her.  Olivia nodded, "yes your honour" she kept her eyes on the crowd.  "But you weren't stationed in the district during the time you were kidnapped?" He added.  Olivia kept her head still, "no sir, I was running an errand" she stayed confidently.  Jay nodded to show her any sign of reassurance, but even he was scared and he's the one sat in the audience...

                 About 10 minutes of pointless questions passed before yates' denfense was able to stand up and ask her questions, "does your defense have any questions?" The judge looked over at yates' lawyer.  "Yes your honour" the woman nodded.  A few moments passed and Olivia could feel the butterflies reappearing, "detective Harper..." the defense stood in front of her from below the stand.  "You we're currently working my defendants case during the time you were kidnapped, correct?" He began to pace the floor, "yes" Olivia nodded, making eye contact with a very serious hank.  "And during this time you had gone undercover to try and catch my defendant, correct?" He added.