Am i hearing things?

Back at the district Olivia was packing everything she had fetched over back up, "you need a hand trailing it all back?" Jay walked over and helped her close up some boxes.  She smiled, "if you don't mind" she nodded.  Jay shook his head, "not at all, Sarge I'm running an errand!" He called into his bosses office.  Olivia laughed at how unfazed they all were by his yelling but hank just put a thumbs up so the pair grabbed the boxes and made their way downstairs and out into his truck.  They made more conversation this time since their work was done, it was just sad that she'd be going home so soon.

As they walked through the hotel the soldiers who weren't already asleep yet, since it was 9:30pm after a long day, saluted her tiredly as she smiled and nodded back.  Jay just smiled at them, they all brought back so many memories from his time in the rangers, she finally placed the boxes onto a table so jay done the same, "sorted" she smiled.  Jay smiled and nodded back, the case was done and she still had a day to be here since Luke was in the hospital and she had to pack up the paper work so a drink wouldn't harm them right? He smiled as she put her cap down, "you know, there's a bar called mollys we all go to after shift..." he started but she cut him off, "say no more" she laughed. Jay nodded and laughed too, it was clear they both needed a drink after all of this.

               After Olivia had changed out of her bloody military clothes she put on some casual and comfy clothes that she could have a drink in.

                Jay waited for her in the lobby of the hotel since she doesn't know where this mollys is, "ready?" He smiled as she reappeared in front of him

Jay waited for her in the lobby of the hotel since she doesn't know where this mollys is, "ready?" He smiled as she reappeared in front of him. She smiled and nodded so he lead the way out into his truck then drove straight to mollys where the team was already drinking.

Hermann smiled widely at the new face and handed her a beer bottle, "thanks Hermann" jay smiled and took his too. Olivia smiled, "thanks" she nodded. They joined the team, "hey" she smiled at them all as she sat down next to Kim.  Jay sat down opposite her in his usual chair, they talked for a while.  They mainly talked about themselves and about work but it was a busy bar so they kept on getting distracted all the time.  Kevin's phone rang, "sorry guys I've gotta dash but it was great getting to know you Olivia" he smiled and stood up.  Olivia nodded, "you too" she smiled back. That left Adam, Kim, jay and Olivia left since Vanessa couldn't come by today.

They talked for a little while longer but Kim and Adam decided to call it a night for them so they left at around 10:45pm now leaving Olivia and jay on their own.  Jay laughed as they left, "then there were 2" he smiled and raised an eyebrow, Olivia laughed as jay finished off his beer, "imma gonna refill, you want one?" He raised his glass.  Olivia smiled but shook her head, "I'm good thanks" she held her half full one up.  Jay nodded and smiled as he slid off his stool and walked over to the bar, almost instantly Olivia's phone rang so she pulled it out and answered the call, she smiled to herself as the caller ID, her teenage sister...
Taylor: "liv woman, I tried calling your house phone a millions times but there was no answer"
Olivia: "soz babes, I'm not in jacksonville at the moment"
Taylor: "ohhhh, where are you?"
Olivia: "I'm in chicago, just for work don't worry"
Taylor: "wait, you're not getting deployed again are you?"
Olivia: "no darls, nothing like that. I was just working a case but I'll be going home tomorrow night"
Taylor: "good good, guess what?"
Olivia: "what Tayls?"
Taylor: "I've got a boyfriend"
Olivia: "erm, since when? I'll be battering you next"
Taylor: "last week, it's prom soon so..."
Olivia: "oh well then, I'll have to come back home and rough him up"
Taylor: "you dare, I'll actually chef you apart"
Olivia: "shut up, what you doing now?"
Taylor: "watching greys anatomy"
Olivia: "very nice"
Taylor: "innit, well that's all I wanted to tell you so you can go back to your boring life now"
Olivia: "oh thanks, I love you too"
Taylor: "only joking, but yeah, I love you bye"
Olivia: "bye now"

                   She hadn't even noticed that jay had sat back down since she was facing the wall so not everyone could hear her phone call, "am I hearing things?" He smirked.  Olivia jumped and turned to face him, she also smirked but had no clue what he was meaning, "did I just hear a Scottish accent?" He smiled curiously.  Olivia laughed, "you did" she nodded and spoke in her Scottish accent.  Jay raised his eyebrows, "you're Scottish?" He put his beer down in shock.  She laughed at his facial expression but nodded, "fully Scottish, I was born in Scotland but moved to Jacksonville with my aunt when I was 15" she smiled.  Jay tilted his head, "well aren't you full of surprises" he laughed.  Olivia shook her head and laughed, "you don't sound Scottish normally" he added curiously.

Olivia nodded, "yeah, I've spent most of my life in America so I guess I've just learned to tone it down. If I started speaking full on Scottish here, you wouldn't be able to understand me, I only speak with my accent if I'm back in Scotland or if I'm talking to my family" she laughed.  Jay nodded slowly, "I see, I think it's cool. I love Scotland" he smiled.  Olivia nodded, "it's the best place in the world" she joked. Jay nodded, "i bet I could understand you" he raised his eyebrow challengingly. Olivia laughed, "my accents really strong" she tilted her head, jay narrowed his eyes at her, "go on, speak Scottish for me, I bet I can" he smirked.

Olivia laughed but tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, "what do you want me to say?" She smiled. Jay smiled back, he felt like a little kid again, "anything" he shrugged. Olivia laughed but took a deep breath, "am pure done in but Whit's fur ye'll no go by ye" she smirked and took a sip from her beer. Jay just stopped and looked at her in complete confusion, "what now?" He couldn't stop his laughter. Olivia laughed but smiled, "am pure done in' means I'm exhausted, and 'Whit's fur ye'll no go by ye' means what will be will be" she tilted her head and spoke in her normal American accent. Jay mouthed 'oh', "so basically you're telling me you're tired but you like my company?" He raised an eyebrow. Olivia laughed loudly and threw her head back but smiled, "something like that" she nodded and smirked.

He smiled, "honestly, if I had an accent like that I'd never hide it" he raised his eyebrows. Olivia smiled, "I do use it sometimes, especially if I get frustrated" she laughed. Jay nodded, "so you have family back in Scotland then?" He took a sip from his beer. Olivia nodded, "yeah actually, all three of my siblings live there with my dad" she smiled. Jay nodded, "that's pretty cool, I'm assuming their accents are even stronger than yours?" He smiled, he just loved her Scottish accent. Olivia laughed, "oh yeah, they've all got dirty mouths. You can't have a normal conversation without them cursing in every sentence, but then again neither can I" she smiled. Jay laughed, "I love it" he shrugged.

The pair talked all night, they had been there for about 2 and a half hours and they could still talk for days, "I say we call it a night" jay looked around noticing everyone was mainly gone. Olivia laughed and nodded, "me too" she laughed again and stood up, she actually really likes his company. The pair walked out into his truck and talked some more as jay drove her back to the hotel. As they pulled up to the hotel she turned to face him, "I'll stop by the district before I go back tomorrow" she smiled. Jay nodded and smiled, "good, I'm sure you'll be a big miss" he tilted his head. Olivia laughed, "more like my accent'll be a big miss?" she raised an eyebrow. Jay laughed, "oh absolutely" he smiled. They said their goodnights and left each other alone for the night, turns out they had a lot more in common than meets the eye.