Chapter 19

"So, have any of you decided on an agency?" Mina asked from nearby.
"I've chosen to intern at Mt. Lady's agency." Mineta replied with a grin.
"You're thinking about perverted things, Mineta." Tsu pointed out.
"HEY! NO I'M NOT!" Mineta cried in frustration.

"Still, I find it odd that you didn't get any offers considering you've made it to the second round of finals." Ojiro said to Mina who sighed.
"Yeah, I know right." She groaned.

"What about you, Deku?" Uraraka asked, turning to said person, only to be greeted with incoherent muttering as he poured over the list of agencies.

He muttered a little longer before noticing us. "Oh, sorry, I wasn't paying attention."
"You're thinking carefully about this, huh, Midoriya?" Tsu asked, gaining a nod.

"Well, I've already chosen where I'm going to intern." Uraraka spoke up.
"Really? Where?" I asked.
"Battle Hero: Gunhead's agency!" She announced with a grin.

"But that's an agency that fights villains?" Deku asked.
"Yup, I got an offer from them."
"I thought you wanted to do something in rescue, like with Thirteen." Deku replied.

The two continued their conversation before Dylan tapped me on the shoulder.

"Have you decided where you're going to intern?" He asked.
"I already put in my nomination; I'm going to Death Arm's Agency." I replied with a shrug. "What about you? I did hear you mention you had a few offers."

"Oh yeah, I got an offer from Endeavor's agency, which I took since none of the other offers really suited what my quirk can do." He replied. "And also it's cool when the agency of the number two hero gives you an offer to intern there for a week."

"Really?" I asked with a blink. "Well, good luck to you then."

———

"Deku, (Y/n), want to walk home together?" Uraraka asked as the bell went.
"Sure." I replied along with Deku.
"Great, and Iida can- oh..." She started but trailed off when noticing Iida's chair was empty.

"Maybe he went to the teachers lounge to hand in where he wants to intern at." Deku suggested as he went to slide open the door.
"I AM HERE IN A BIZZARE POSITION!" All Might announced as he slid open the door just as Deku opened it up.

I scowled but hid it when he glanced at me.

"May I have a word with you, young Midoriya?" He asked.
Deku looked at both Uraraka and I, where we both nodded, before he went off with the hero.

"Should we wait for him or...?" Uraraka asked as I adjusted my bag.
"You can, but I gotta get home." I replied as I walked out the class. "See ya."

And I walked back to the orphanage with a bitter taste in my mouth.

———

"You all have your costumes, right?" Mr Aizawa asked. "Remember, you aren't allowed to wear them in public. Don't drop them or anything."

"Yes!" Mina cried excitedly.
"It's yes sir, please speak more clearly Ashido."
"Yes sir..."

"Make sure you mind your manners with the heroes at your internships!" He reminded us. "Off with you, now."
"Yes sir!" We all replied and departed from our crowd of people in the train station.

As I got onto my train, I noticed that Jiro had gotten onto the same train as me, so I decided to go sit next to her on my way to my internship.
"Hi." I said as I was near her.

She seemed to notice me and unplugged her earphone from her phone.
"Oh, hey. I didn't notice we were on the same train." She replied.
"Can I sit here?" I asked, gaining a nod, and sat down.