Chapter 24

I blearily rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as I grumbled, shivering slightly in the cool air of the forests and birds and cicadas chirped lively around us.

5:30 in the morning was far too early for me.

But at least we were in our P.E. uniforms this time.

I think everyone felt the same as some people were still yawning or had bed head.

"Good morning everyone!" Mr Aizawa greeted, looking the same as ever. "Today, we will begin training camp to increase your strength in earnest."
His eyes scanned the crowd of students. "The goal of this training camp is to increase everyone's strength. And with that, for everyone to obtain their provisional licenses."

I looked up a little more, getting a provisional license was another step towards being a hero.

"It is to prepare you all to face hostilities that are becoming more real by the minute. Proceed carefully."
We all nodded before he threw a ball towards Bakugo.
"Okay, Bakugo, try throwing that." He instructed.

"This is from the fitness test..." Bakugo muttered as he looked at the ball.
"Your previous record, from right after you started school, was 705.2 metres. Let's see how much you've improved."

Bakugo said nothing as he walked to the drawn circle in the clearing.

"Oh, we're checking our progress?" Mina asked.
"Since a lot has happened these past three months, huh?" Sero added. "Maybe he can throw it a kilometre or something now!"
"Do it Bakugo!" Kirishima cheered.
"Here I go..." Bakugo started, getting ready to throw the ball. "Go to hell!"

He let out a huge explosion as the ball sailed into the sky, the wind causing our hair to fly back.

I watched in awe as the object flew through the air before landing with a muted thud onto the ground.
"709.6 metres." Mr Aizawa said, holding out the tracker.
"Huh? It's less than I thought..." Kaminari pointed out, the rest of the class murmuring in agreement.

"It's been about three months since you started high school. Through various experiences, you all have definitely improved. But that improvement has mainly been at the mental and technical levels, with some increase in stamina." Mr Aizawa explained. "As you can see, your quirks themselves have not improved that much."

I gulped, personally I thought I had improved a lot since the beginning of the year, but it probably wasn't as good as I had thought.

"That's why we will work on improving your quirks, starting today."
He grinned.
"It'll be so hard you'll feel like dying, but try not to actually die."

I nodded, real great pep talk Mr Aizawa.

———

I moved slowly, edging out from the tree line before activating my kinetic booster and running towards Shoji, but he duplicated some limbs and caught me.

I sighed. "Ugh again? Let's do it again!"
"Okay." He replied, letting me down and I ran back off into the trees, activating my camouflage.

Since my quirks was under the guise of one actual quirk, I decided to focus on my stealth ability.

Aizawa did take note that I didn't camouflage a whole lot, more utilising strength and speed in hand to hand combat. He said that by training with Shoji and Hagakure, I would be able to work on my stealthing ability while also helping Shoji work on his quirk in return.

So fair, it's mainly just been hide-and-seek for a few hours, though I hadn't been able to tag Shoji yet, he was getting good at using his quirk.

I was told that either tomorrow or later in the day, I'd be joining with Kirishima and Ojiro with working on my fighting skills.