Chapter 3

I groaned, trying to steady myself against the wall, breathing heavily.

"Just relax and calm down, we just need to do this one more time." The man said. "I am being very generous in giving you 2 small quirks along with a better quirk."
"Yes I know, and I thank you for it." I said as I tried to soothe the dull ache in the back of my head. "What kind of quirks did you give me anyway?"

"I'll tell you later, for now let's focus on giving you the last quirk." He said, holding out his hand. "It will be alright."

I stepped forwards on shaky legs, close enough to for him to put his hand over my face.

I let out a cry of pain as I felt once more a weird sharp feeling travel throughout my body. It didn't feel too painful but it left an ache everywhere it went.

He removed his hand and I fell to the floor, trying to get over the ache but it was hard, my brain felt faint and foggy.

"Hmmm, interesting...." I heard him mutter.
"Huh?"
"Well, you're still the same.....every other time I had given power to others they became brain dead, unable to work for themselves but, you're different." He explained.

"Brain dead? Others? What?" I asked as I lifted myself off the ground.
"I have given power to others, but they became mindless slaves...but granted they had quirks to begin with...and you didn't until now...."

"What?"
"And you are very lucky, you are the second quirkless person I have ever given power to. The last time I did it had some....dire consequences..."
"What happened?" I asked but got no response.
I was confused but didn't want to push further, so I looked down and let out a scream.

"My arm! Where did it go?!" I screamed, staring at where my arm was two seconds ago.
I looked down and noticed that my legs were gone as well.
"My legs! What did you do?!"

"Ah that's the quirk I just gave you..." The man said calmly. "It's okay, you just need to deactivate the quirk so I can explain it to you.."

I stared at where my body was, unsure how to deactivate it and unsure how I activated it.

Upon further inspection I could see a very faint outline of my hand if I held it up to my face close enough.

I moved my hand around and saw that it was blending in with wherever I put it.
"Camouflage?" I whispered.

'Hmmm....how would one deactivate the quirk?' I thought to myself, closing my eyes to try and figure out how.

After a few moments of focusing, I opened my eyes to see that my hand was back to normal, along with my legs.

"Okay...I deactivated it...so what kind of quirks did you give me?" I asked, slowly standing up.

"Well, the first quirk you were given I had five copies of it, it increases the amount of kinetic energy you can create and release. So if you punch something you can increase the energy that you can create to make it more powerful."

"Wow...." I breathed, staring at my hands in awe.

"The second quirk I had 4 copies of it, it enhances your physical strength, that's all but with the first quirk combined with the other it can make a devastating attack."

I nodded.

"And the last quirk I gave you is called Chameleon, it does not give you the traits or looks of a chameleon but more allows you to blend in with your surroundings. I gave that to you as an honour, please do not make me regret giving you the quirk."

"Yes sir, thank you." I thanked, standing up and bowing.
"It is not a problem, but remember you will be helping Tomura in whatever he plans." He reminded.
I nodded. "Yes sir."
"Wonderful, now..." He started before pressing a button somewhere and the TV flickered on. "Kurogiri, please take the child back to the bar. He will be helping the two of you with whatever you need, and please find him a job."

"Of course, sir." The voice of Kurogiri replied before a few seconds later a purple warp gate appeared near me.

I was about to walk through before turning back to the man.
"Sir, if I may ask...what is your name?"
"My name is All for One, but you can call me sir." He said as I stepped through the warp gate.

I found myself back at the bar with Kurogiri behind the counter and Shigaraki standing in front of the TV.

"Yes master..." Shigaraki said before turning the TV off as he scratched his neck.

I was about to speak before I found myself pinned to the wall by Shigaraki with his hand around my neck.

"Tomura..." Kurogiri said in a warning tone.

"Look, I don't care that my master gave you quirks and seems to like you but I'm onto you." He snarled. "I'm only letting you off the hook because my master asked you to help me and asked me not to harm you, if he hadn't you'd be dead where you are standing."

I nodded my head quickly, getting over the shock.

"For now, you can leave us alone until we need your help, we will contact you then." Shigaraki said, taking his hand away and stomping to the door and opening it.

I left the building quickly, not wanting to piss Shigaraki off even more.

Before I had left the passage leaving the side of the building, I saw Kurogiri materialise in front of it, blocking my exit.

"What do you want?" I asked.
He said nothing but handed me a slip of paper. "If you want a job, go to this address and tell them that Kurogiri sent you."
"Oh, thank you." I said, taking the slip of paper from him and put it in my pocket.
"Also sorry about Tomura for acting like that...I know he doesn't mean it but he's a little jealous."

"Jealous? Of me?"
"Yes, but you should be on your way now, unless you want me to get you home quicker?"

I looked up at the sky and saw the few stars glinting faintly in the distance.
"Oh....I didn't realise it had gotten so late...could you take me back home?" I asked.
"Of course."

I told him the address to a building that was nearby the orphanage and stepped through the warp gate, finding myself at the street.

"Thank you." I said to Kurogiri and walked off to the orphanage as soon as he was gone.

As I walked it slowly dawned on me.

I had quirks.

I had power.

I wasn't useless anymore.

I can be a hero.

I stopped walking at stood there, realising how much the opportunity actually gave me.

I wasn't a waste of space, I have potential.....

I can prove All Might wrong.

I opened the door and was greeted by Faye.
"(Y/n)! Where were you??" She asked as I walked in. "I was worried something might've happened to you!"

I rubbed the back of my neck to think of a reasonable excuse.
"Sorry, I went down to Kamino Ward to look for a job and missed the train."

"Well okay, I saved some dinner in the kitchen for you before it as all gone, go on." Faye said seeming to believe what I had told her.
"Thank you." I replied with a smile and walked to where the kitchen was.

I passed a guy who was walking down the hallway and looked to the side to see his glare.

I smirked but said nothing, seeing his ever so slightly crooked nose that I had given him.

Even when I had walked past him and down the hallway, I could still feel his glare on my back.

I could prove him wrong too.....

Word count: 1332 words