Chapter 30

In the morning we were greeted by Mr. Aizawa, who asked us to meet him in our classroom once we were ready.
I know it was still the holidays but we still had to do school stuff, or whatever the teachers had planned.

But couldn't we be able to sleep in a little bit though?

Anyway, we got ready and headed to class and sat down, waiting for our teacher to enter.

"Good morning class." Mr Aizawa greeted as he walked in and to his desk at the front. "I believe I mentioned this yesterday, but for now, Class 1-A of the hero course will be focusing on getting their provisional licenses."

"Yes, sir!" We all said in unison.

"A hero license bears with it the great responsibility of human life. Of course, the exam to receive one is very difficult. Even the provisional license has only a 50% passing rate each year." He continued.

"Just the provisional license is that hard?" I heard Mineta mutter nervously.

I moved my head a little to look over to where Bakugo sat, what he said yesterday replaying in my head. Given that he gave me until term started basically guaranteed that I wouldn't be able to do the test even if I didn't tell anyone.

He made it very clear that he would tell someone if I didn't by the deadline.

"That's why today, we will have each of you come up with at least two..." Mr Aizawa continued before the doors slid open, gaining everyone's attention, where Midnight, Cementoss and Ectoplasm stood. ".......ultimate moves."

"Ultimate moves?!" Kirishima and Kaminari cried, looking very excited.

The air in the class changed from nervous and unsure, to excited and full of energy in a few seconds.

"Ultimate! This means that this move will give you a sure win!" Ectoplasm explained.
"A move so ingrained into your body that others cannot copy it." Cementoss continued. "Battle means seeing how much you can force what you're good at on your opponent."
"Your moves will represent you. These days, pro heroes without ultimate moves are an endangered species." Midnight finished.
"We will tell you more as we go along. We want to proceed logically. Change into your costumes and meet in Gym Gamma." Mr Aizawa instructed once the other three were finished talking.

Everyone excitedly rushed to get their costumes while I lagged behind, will I tell someone? And if so, when or who would I tell?

But also, what kind of ultimate move would I be able to do with my quirks? I tired to come up with a rough idea of one but got nothing.

Maybe a teacher could help.

———

"Gym Gamma, also known as "Training Dining Land," or TDL." Mr Aizawa explained as we looked around the space.

The whole gym was huge!

Cementoss knelt down and put his hands on the ground before creating a small tower using his quirk.
"I came up with the idea for these facilities. Terrain and other things can be prepared specifically for each student. That's what the 'dining' part refers to." Cementoss explained.

I saw Iida raise his hand. "Please allow me to ask a question! Why must we have ultimate moves for our provisional licensing exam? Please tell me your reasoning!"

"I'll tell you everything in order, calm down." Mr. Aizawa said calmly, standing next to Midnight. "The job of a hero is to save people from danger, like during crimes, accidents, natural disasters, and man-made disasters. The exam to become one naturally looks at how well you are able to do that. Your ability to gather information, make decisions, move, and fight, in addition to your ability to communicate, draw people to you, and lead."