Chapter 29

The next day, both Mr. Aizawa and Principal Nezu were at the orphanage to pick us up. They had signed the forms needed to make the adoption official before both Dylan and I got into the car with our suitcases in hand and headed towards U.A.

Not going to lie, but it was awkward sitting in there as we drove to the school. It was one of those fancy cars that had 2 sets of seats in the back facing each other so a group of people could sit in there and have face-to-face conversation.

I looked around subtly, both Mr. Aizawa and Nezu were looking at us with unreadable expressions while Dylan looked out of the window.

I could practically hear my heart beating through my chest as I looked around for something to focus on, both nerves and guilt swirling through my gut.

"Well, I apologise if this wasn't how you two would think you would get adopted." Principal Nezu apologised, breaking the silence. "But it was one of the only options we had to ensure your safety and the orphanages."
"Yeah, it's alright sir." Dylan replied casually, looking at them. "So how does this whole...'adoption' thing work for us?"

I nodded in agreement, unsure if I should add anything to that.

"Well, Aizawa and I are both your legal guardians, however the rest of the staff have agreed to look out for the both of you. You're both in the care of U.A." Nezu explained.
"Is anyone going to find out?" I asked, the question just slipping out of my mouth.

"You're not going to be treated any different in school, and none of the students will know unless you two feel comfortable to tell them yourselves." Nezu replied.

I nodded, that seemed fair, and I definitely knew I didn't want any special treatment.

"I was reading over the thing about the dorms and the date that it said everyone would move in is in 2 days...are we going to stay somewhere else or...?" Dylan asked.
"You two will have residency in the dormitories where you'll be staying with the rest of your classmates, however due to this, you'll be there 2 days before everyone else is scheduled to move in." Mr. Aizawa said. "You two will just be in each other's company until then."

"But if students ask about you two being there early, we can make an excuse up if you're not comfortable with telling anyone?" Nezu asked.

We both nodded as the car came to a stop, outside a huge building which I supposedly guessed was the dormitories.

We got out of the car and stared up at the building, our new home supposedly. Looking to the side I could see multiple similar buildings further down the path, probably for all of the other students as well.

"The plans for dorms have been in the works for a while, so the dorm arrangement has been decided already. Dylan, you're on the 5th floor in the room furthest from the elevator, and (Y/n) you're on the 4th floor in the room closest to the elevator." Aizawa said, looking at a sheet of paper. "The dorms have bathrooms attached and basic furniture along with anything else you may have sent to be delivered."

"Okay, thank you sir." Dylan thanked.
"Well, go ahead and get yourselves comfortable, I'll have a proper welcoming once the rest of the class arrives in a couple of days."
"Yes sir." We replied and headed off to the dorm.

"Wow." I breathed as we entered the building.
"It's huge!" Dylan cried, his voice slightly echoing.

The bottom floor seemed to be the common area with a kitchen, dining area, bathrooms with showers, a laundry as well as an area with couches and a TV, there was also an entrance to a large courtyard in the middle of the whole building on the floor as well.

The rest of the floors were the bedrooms, 8 rooms in total on each level, each floor divided by gender, so you had to get to the bottom floor to get to the other side.