Chapter 31

(Ojiro's P.O.V)

Something seemed...off when arriving to class.

First of all, Mr. Aizawa didn't show up before the bell went as he usually does to start class, however a few minutes later Present Mic arrived and told us he was in a meeting of some sort before starting our first lesson, English.

Second, I noticed that (Y/n) hadn't walked into class yet, his chair was still empty even as the first lesson began.
'Where is he?' I thought to myself, turning back to the front to continue on with the worksheet we were given.

I wasn't that worried, maybe he had to do something before coming to class...or he wasn't feeling well and had notified the school earlier since Present Mic didn't address his absence.

I knew the other students had the same question on their mind, the silent question hanging in the air.

I had noticed that (Y/n) had been quieter than usual as of late, always looking as if something was on his mind.

It was after the whole training camp incident he had started acting like that- well more like after seeing him at the dorms where he and Dylan somehow were able to go there early.

Maybe it could be that he's unsure what to do for an ultimate move? We had sparred each other a couple of times and while I was still refining my move, it seemed like he was trying to learn the basics of his quirk. Which was weird since shouldn't he already know how to use it?

My...feelings towards (Y/n) had changed a lot since the beginning of the year, as did my feelings towards everyone, but...I don't know, I wanted to get to know him more. He could definitely hold his ground while sparring, I first saw that when we fought each other during the first practical hero course lesson.

While everyone else had cool quirks to assist them in battle, he mainly relied on himself when fighting, which I could relate to since I was in a similar situation as him.

"Huh?'" I heard Mina say in confusion, causing me to look up along with a few other students.
Police officers were walking past the room along with that detective who interviewed us after the attack on the USJ, but why?

People started murmuring, confused as to why the police were here, slowly getting louder.

"Alright everyone, that's enough, please calm down." Present Mic called. "I'm just as confused as you are but please stay calm."

The noise went down but now people were quietly murmuring between themselves.

Why were they even here in the first place?

Does it have something to do with (Y/n), since he wasn't here?

No, why would they even be there for him anyway?

I shook my head and continued on with the worksheet, trying not to think too much about it.

———

Awhile later, footsteps echoed down the hallway, causing me to involuntarily glance to the doorway.

The detective walked past along with a couple of officers, but the next person who walked past was someone I didn't think I would see.

"(Y/n)?" Aoyama asked in surprise, before chairs scraped the floor as students got out of their seats and headed to the door to see for themselves, me included.

He had handcuffs on and was being escorted by the police for some reason. A couple of students called out to him but he didn't respond, staring at the floor as they walked down the hallway.

"What are you all doing out of your seats?" Mr. Aizawa asked as he walked over.

"Sir! Where is (Y/n) going?" Uraraka asked, voice full of confusion, a few students making noises of agreement.