Chapter 28

On our way to find a pro hero or police, we did coincidentally bump into Midoriya, Kirishima, Iida and Bakugo. They all were glad I was alright, but Bakugo just looked at me for a moment but never said anything.

We went to the police, where both Bakugo and I were taken in, getting health checks and interviews with them, recounting everything from the training camp to being rescued by the group. Another detective, Detective Tsukauchi talked to us in private as well.

I couldn't help but feel a bit anxious when Bakugo was being spoken to privately. He did find out I had been helping with the League, so it would be easy for him to tell them what happened, and I would be effectively arrested.

Don't get me wrong, but I did tell everything to the police- well almost everything. I left out the part that I knew that the attack had been planned in advance and I was one of the key parts in helping figure out where it was going to be.

When Bakugo and Tsukauchi walked out of the room, I half expected to be arrested on the spot but...nothing happened to my surprise.

"We'll tell your carers again, but the best course of action for this is to probably stay inside for the rest of the holidays just in case the League of Villains tries something else." Tsukauchi instructed as he lead us to a waiting area. "I'll call your parents and carers that you're all right and to come pick you up." The detective said, leaving Bakugo and I awkwardly sitting there in the waiting area.

We didn't say anything, I kept on sneaking glances every now and then, but he just stared ahead of himself.

After awhile there was a loud sound from outside as a car door slammed and a woman who bared a striking resemblance to Bakugo stormed in.

"Katsuki Bakugo!" She yelled, walking over to him.

I adverted my gaze awkwardly as she started to scold him, mainly about being caught by the League and how worried she and his dad had been. When the detective walked over, she seemed to perk up a little more, her angry demeanour instantly vanished as she thanked him for getting Bakugo back in one piece.

Just as they were finishing up, I heard doors open and someone call "(Y/n)!"
I turned to see both Faye and Dylan walking over with relieved faces.

Faye grabbed my shoulders gently, worry flashing across her face for a moment. "Are you alright? Did they get you to do anything bad? Did they hurt you?"

She asked a few more questions but I held my hands up and gently pulled her hands away from me.

"I'm alright Faye, they didn't do anything too bad to the either of us." I told her reassuringly.

She nodded after a moment and then walked over to the detective, thanking him and discussing any precautions or whatever.

I looked at Dylan. "You alright?"

"I guess so, those two managed to get a few hits on me." He replied, I could see he had a black eye and a couple of scrapes or band-aids covering his arms and the side of his face.

I grimaced, seeing his injuries, and felt a bit guilty.
"Sorry..." I apologised. "You, Tamami and Mizuki tried to keep me safe...but I got caught in the process."

"No, none of it was your fault, we sent you off thinking you'd be alright..." Dylan replied with a shake of his head. "We underestimated the three of them."

I nodded but still looked away and noticed Bakugo looking at us with a confused expression.

"You two live together or something?" He asked.
"More or less...yeah." Dylan replied. "With a bunch of other kids as well I guess."