Chapter 32 (END)

Detective Tsukauchi was sure taking his time, though it probably felt like that since there was nothing to do here other than wait.

I fiddled with the cuffs around my wrists, briefly thinking to myself that I could most likely break these easily with my quirk but knew it would be very sketchy for him to come back to find me with the cuffs broken.

I looked up upon hearing the door open but then close again as 2 silhouettes stood in front of it.

"Please Naomasa." I heard All Might plead. "I just want to ask him a couple of questions."
"Toshinori, I can't, this is an investigation and at the moment, he is our only lead to the League." Detective Tsukauchi replied.

I started to feel a bit nervous at that, I had no idea where the League was and knew nothing of what they were planning.

"Please, I won't interrupt you, I just want to ask him a question, that's it."
Tsukauchi seemed to hesitate before letting out a sigh. "Just this one time, no interruptions."
"Thank you."

Just great, now All Might was going to be in here as well.
The door opened again and I put my head down, staring at the table.

All Might sat down while the detective placed a cup of water in front of me, which I hesitantly grabbed and took a sip of.

Tsukauchi placed a couple of important looking files on the table as well as a voice recorder next to him.

"This interview is going to be recorded." Tsukauchi said, pressing the record button as I nodded in reply.

"You are (Y/n) (L/n), correct?"
"Yes."
"And you admit you are someone who has been working for the League of Villains by infiltrating the school and acting as an informant?"
"Yes."

"May I ask how this all started and how you came to be working for them?" He asked.

I looked away before mumbling.

"It started with you, All Might."
"What?"

I looked up to the man, who looked confused as he stared at me, waiting for an explanation.

"I guess you don't really recognize me." I said, grinning a little before it fell as I grabbed the cup and looked into it. "Though the hair dye has faded quite a bit since the beginning of the year..."

I went quiet and neither of the two adults said anything, mainly waiting for what I was going to say.

"I never had a quirk growing up, my parents...before they, y'know, they told me it was fine to not have a quirk, even though they had their own." I started. "Despite that, I had that dream of becoming a pro-hero almost everyone has as a child..."

I leaned back in my chair a little as I recounted the time before I was put in that orphanage.

"I may have been made fun of by others, but that didn't stop me, coming up with different support items that could help me if I were to become one."

I frowned.

"But as I grew older and after being put in the orphanage I started having doubts about myself, because of other kids looking down on me for being quirkless. So on my way back from school, I just happened to see Japan's No. 1 hero land on top of a building."

I looked back to the now retired hero.

"I really admired you y'know that? I thought that you could've been the one to ease my worries...but no, I got up there and asked you if someone like me could become a hero. And you said no."

All Might's eyes seemed to widen a little in recognition and regret.

"That really gutted me I admit, the hero I looked up to telling me that I couldn't become one simply because I didn't have something that almost everyone possessed." I explained.