Chapter 10

I sat in class as Mr Aizawa stood out front, reading over a piece of paper from the folder that looked like the one Kurogiri had copied.

The class was quiet apart from faint whispers that could be heard in every class, waiting for Mr Aizawa to speak.

I already knew what was happening today, the excursion to the USJ, but I doubted that anyone apart from the teacher knew of it.

"For today's basic hero training, it's turned into a class with three instructors, All Might and me, and one more person." Mr Aizawa spoke.
Everyone seemed surprised so I made myself look like it as well.

"Excuse me! What'll we be doing?" Sero asked, putting his hand up.
Mr Aizawa held up a card that had 'RESCUE' boldly written on it.

"Disasters, shipwrecks and everything in between. It's rescue training." He explained.

Judging by the looks everyone had, they looked excited, big grins plastered on their faces.

"Disasters huh? Sounds like we're in for a big workout." Kaminari said.
"Totally!" Mina agreed, looking excited.
"Real hero stuff, where it separates the men from the boys. I'm shaking with excitement!"
"I'll be able to show off how good I am in the water, Ribbit."

"Guys I'm not finished yet." Mr Aizawa spoke up, gaining everyone's attention. "What you wear in your exercise is up to you. I know you're excited about costumes, but keep in mind you haven't gotten used to them yet. They might limit your abilities."

He pressed a button, which caused the racks from the side of the wall holding our hero costumes to pop out.

"This exercise will take place in an off campus facility so we'll be taking a bus to get there. That's all, start getting ready." He concluded before people got out of their chairs to grab their costumes.

I waited until most of the bustle was gone to grab my costume box and head to the changing rooms to get into it before heading off to the bus.

———

"Hey Deku, not wearing your costume?" I asked as Uraraka and I walked over to the green haired boy.
"You saw what happened to my costume during the combat training, it still needs to be repaired." Deku replied, rubbing the back of his neck.
I nodded. "Oh yeah, makes sense."

"Gather round class 1-A!" Iida announced after blowing a whistle. "Using your student numbers form two neat lines so we can move onto the bus efficiently!"

'He's taking the class rep role pretty seriously...' I thought, sweat dropping before stiffening at the instructions he gave us. Hell no, I'm not pairing up with Dylan.

Thank goodness the bus had an open layout, so I quickly snagged a seat between Sato and Deku while Iida sulked in his seat.

"The open layout ruined my boarding strategy." He said defeatedly.
"Gee dude I think you should calm down." Mina said to him.

I kind of tuned out my classmates conversations, staring out the window opposite from me as scenery flew by.

Where this rescue training exercise was happening was in an off campus facility with only three teachers, it could be the perfect place to stage an attack against us.

But even I wasn't sure of what was going to happen, Shigaraki never told me upfront. The closest thing I knew was that he was going to attack All Might today.

"Hey Midoriya, I have a question to ask you." I heard Tsu ask from nearby, bringing me back into the present.
"What is it Asui?" Deku asked, looking at said girl.
"I told you to call me Tsu." She replied.
"Oh, yeah right."
"That power of yours, isn't it a lot like All Might's?" She asked.