Chapter 20

"Doctor."
"All For One, you called me here. Is there anything wrong?"

"Please tell me the process of creating a nomu again."

"Well, we first find the vessel we want to use as the base...then we find those who have the quirks we are looking for, either having been dead for a little bit, or alive. Take their quirk before giving it to the vessel, giving them too much power to handle so they become brain dead. And then we modify the bodies to our vision of how the nomu will look." The doctor explained. "Why do you ask?"

"A little while ago, before the school year started...I met someone." AFO started. "He had accidentally heard Shigaraki and Kurogiri discussing the death of All Might and was caught. I thought he would've been good for a vessel, his parents were dead already so there wouldn't be much consequence to us if we used him, he said he was quirkless."

"Where are you heading to, sir?"

"I lured him in, by reading his mind I knew he wanted to be a hero but was crushed after All Might told him no due to the lack of a quirk. I promised him power and gave him three minor quirks, enough to overwhelm him to make him braindead."

"Really? Then...where is the body? I'm sure Kurogiri would have delivered it to me a while ago by now..."
"He's still alive and well, he's been useful to the league because he's infiltrated U.A. but tell me, doctor..."

"Oh, yes?"

"If I gave him enough quirks to make him a vessel for a nomu. Then why didn't it work?!" AFO demanded angrily, hitting his fist on the side of his chair.

"I-I don't know sir, it's hard to understand why when you're given a general description. We would need to examine him to figure out why." The doctor replied timidly.

"..."

"We could just get Kurogiri to go and get him now if you'd like...?"
"No, not yet."
"Huh?"

"It would be too suspicious, having a student disappear suddenly one day, we'd have to wait for the perfect time. And besides, he's been useful to us." AFO mused, thinking it over. "We'll figure out when we can snatch him away when the time is right."

"Yes sir."

———

Internships were officially over now, and everyone was back in class, talking about their experiences they had.

"What happened to your hair Bakugo?!" Both Kirishima and Sero laughed, seeing that Bakugo's usually blond spiky hair had been combed flat against his head.

"Shut up! My hair's gotten used to it, so it won't go back even after I wash it!" Bakugo explained angrily as the two continued laughing. "Hey! Stop laughing! I'll kill you!"

"I'd like to see you try, Side-Part Boy!" Sero replied.
"What'd you say?!" Bakugo yelled, his hair finally spiking up out of his anger.
"It's back!"

I smiled in amusement at the three before turning back to Tsu, who was explaining what happened at her internship.
"Wow, you even got to fight villains?" Mina asked excitedly. "I'm so jealous!"
"Wow Tsu, so you helped take down an illegal drug cartel?" I asked from my seat.

"Ribbit, yeah, it was a little scary."
"You actually got to do something cool, my internship was just patrolling and cleaning." Mina complained with a sigh.

"Hey Jiro! I heard you and (Y/n) helped Death Arms with a hostage situation!" Kaminari said from his desk.
"We just helped people evacuate and did logistical support, so we didn't do any actual fighting though." Jiro replied.
"It's still amazing, though!" Mina replied.