Chapter 13

'I cannot wait until the weekend.' I thought to myself as I sat in my chair.

Homeroom had started but no teacher showed up to take the role, so we were all just sitting in our seats waiting for the first lesson to start, though a few people were talking about the USJ attack and how they were on TV.

Until we heard the door slide open to show Mr Aizawa standing there, covered in bandages, looking like a mummy.

"Morning." He said, his mouth muffled slightly by the bandages.
"Mr Aizawa, you're back too soon!" Everyone cried in alarm, seeming worried for his current state.
"You're too much of a pro!"

"So you're all right, Mr Aizawa?" Iida asked as he trudged towards the desk.
"Do you really call that all right...?" Uraraka asked in a hushed voice.

"My well-being doesn't matter." He replied before looking at us. "More importantly, the fight is not yet over."
I raised my eyebrows, I knew Shigaraki and Kurogiri weren't planning anything for a while, so what did he mean?
Everyone in class looked concerned as he said that, sharing glances before looking back to him.

He glared at the class. "The U.A. sports festival is drawing near."
The entire class broke out into an excited cry.

"That's a super normal school event!"

"Wait a minute!" Kaminari cried, making the class go quiet.
"Is it okay to have a sports festival so soon after the villains snuck inside?" Jiro asked.
I hummed in agreement, this seemed too soon for the festival to happen.

Then I realised something.

The entire sports festival is broadcast across Japan, and school is cancelled for the week for how big of an event it was.

Most of the others in the orphanage loved watching it when it was held.
If they saw me there, they'd grow suspicious.

Fuck.

"Apparently, they think of it as U.A. showing that our crisis management system is solid as a rock by holding the event." Aizawa said, bringing me back to him. "Security will also be strengthened to five times that of previous years."
He looked back up.

"Above all, our sports festival is a huge chance. It's not an event to be cancelled because of a few villains." He finished. "Our sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events. In the past, the Olympics were called a festival of sports, and the whole country was crazy about them. As you know, with reductions in scaled and population, they're now a shell of their former glory."

"And now, for Japan, what has taken the place of those Olympics is the U.A. sports festival!"

"Of course, all the top heroes around the country will be watching. For scouting purposes!" Yaoyorozu explained with a determined look.
"After we graduate, it's typical to join a pro agency as a sidekick." Kaminari said, grinning.
"A lot of people miss their chance to become independent after that and become eternal sidekicks though." Jiro replied, resting her head on her hands. "Kaminari, I feel like you'd be one of them. Since you're dumb."

I stifled a laugh after hearing that and seeing his reaction towards it.

"Of course, joining a famous hero agency will get you more experience and popularity. Time is limited. If you expect to go pro, then this path to your future will open up at this event. One chance a year, a total of just three chances. No aspiring heroes can afford to miss this event." Mr Aizawa said, scanning the room. "If you understand that, then don't slack off with your preparations."

"Yes sir!"
"Homeroom is dismissed."

———

The bell rang for lunch and most of us were staying in class discussing the sports festival which majority of the class seemed excited for.