Chapter 9

"Hey, you!" A woman wearing a business suit asked, shoving a microphone into my face as I walked closer to the school. "How are All Might's classes? And how is he as a teacher?"

There was a large crowd gathered around the main entrance, mainly news reporters, paparazzi, fans, you name it.
I straightened my posture and sent her a glare before activating my chameleon quirk before walking away into the school.

"Hey, don't think you can walk away from me like that!" She yelled but I just smirked and continued walking away without her knowing where I was.

I stopped and hung outside the doors to the school, the bell hadn't gone yet, but wondered when Shigaraki was going to attack.

I heard an alarm sound and looked to see walls come up in front of the gates and around the walls to keep the reporters out, sounds of surprise blaring up from outside.

"Jeez, when do they stop?" I muttered before seeing Iida and Uraraka nearby.

———

"Good work on yesterday's combat training." Mr Aizawa complimented, looking around the classroom. "I saw the video and results. Bakugo, you're talented so don't act like a kid."
"I know." Bakugo replied with a scoff.

"And Midoriya." Mr Aizawa continued, looking over to said person. "You settled it by breaking your arm again, huh? You can't keep saying you can't help it because you can't control your quirk. I don't like saying the same thing over and over. As long as you fix the control issue, there's a lot you'll be able to do."

I rested my head on my hand as Mr Aizawa continued to speak, nervously tapping my foot on the ground, when will it happen?

"Now, let's get down to homeroom business." Mr Aizawa announced, gaining my attention. "Sorry about the late notice, but today, I'll have you..."

I bit my lip, not another special test....

".....decide on a class representative." He finished, multiple sighs of relief going around the classroom.

"I want to be class rep! Pick me!" Kirishima cried.
"Me too!" Kaminari called out.
"I want to do it, too." Jiro added.

And soon the whole class was a pandemonium of people calling out 'pick me! Pick me!'

I sighed and leaned back, seeing Dylan also raising his hand and calling out. I wasn't keen on taking that spot of responsibility, not even if it helps with my hero career.

"Silence, please!" Iida called out, everyone falling silent to look at him. "It's a job with the serious responsibility of leading others. It is not a job for just anyone who want's to do it. It is a calling that requires the truth of those around you. If we want to use democracy to decide on a true leader, then we should hold an election to choose one."

"Your hand is raised the highest!" A few people called out.
'Eh, if we do an election, he's got my vote.' I thought with a shrug.
"Why did you suggest that?" Kaminari asked in bewilderment.
"We haven't known each other for that long, so how can we have trust or anything?" Tsuyu asked.
"If that's the case, and everyone votes for themselves...." Kirishima started.

"Don't you think that is precisely why whoever receives multiple votes here can be truly considered the most suitable person?" Iida asked before turning to Mr Aizawa. "What do you think, Mr Aizawa?"

"I don't care, as long as you decide before homeroom is over." Mr Aizawa replied, already zipping up his sleeping bag and flopping onto the ground.
"Thank you very much!" Iida replied before starting the voting process.

I scribbled down Iida's name on my piece of paper and folded it up before putting it into the box we were using before waiting for Iida to scribble names down and numbers of votes.