Chapter 11

How long has it been?
Where did Ojiro go?
When will the pros show up?

My arms and legs were starting to hurt from using the kinetic and strength booster over and over to take out villains without a small break.

I heard voices and quickly activated my camouflage as a couple of villains walked past where I was currently hiding behind a corner.

"Can't believe we lost the kid with the tail." One muttered with a groan. "And that other random kid."
I quickly activated the kinetic booster and strength enhancer before running towards the two and punching them in the back.
They let out a cry, turning around but I already activated my camouflage and ran off.

Earlier as Ojiro and I were handling villains, we got split up, him resorting to higher ground while I mainly ran around and hid, surprising villains that weren't expecting me.
Still it was pretty terrifying to be watching your back the entire time in case if villains were going to attack you when you least expected it.

But it feels like it's been hours since we've been spat into the fire simulation, I wanted to get out of this heat.
My suit felt drenched in sweat from being in this area for so long, it's going to need a good wash once we were out.

Once I was in a safe enough area where no one was I deactivated my quirk and took a breather, still staying alert for villains.

"(Y/n)!" I heard a voice above me, making me look up to see Ojiro hanging onto a beam with his tail looking at me. "Up here."

He extended a hand and I activated the kinetic booster to launch myself up to him, grabbing his hand as he pulled me up into a building that hadn't been affected by the fire.

Panting, we sat down in the room looking at each other in silence.
"I think we'll be safe here for a bit." Ojiro said and I nodded.
"I hope so." I agreed, looking out of the broken window. "When will the pros show up?"

"I'm not sure, but I hope soon, though I think most of the villains have been taken care of." Ojiro said. "There might be a couple around, but most of them are knocked out."

"That's good." I said. "Should we just camp out here?"
He nodded. "I think that should be the best idea."

And so we waited.

———

Eventually pro heroes showed up along with police on their way.

One of Ectoplasm's clones found the two of us camping out in the building before escorting the two of us out of the simulation area, where we met up with most of the class.

A lot of classmates were shaken up, but everyone seemed relatively alright, except for Mr Aizawa and Midoriya, who seemed pretty beat up.

Even though we were alright, paramedics still assessed us to make sure that we were 100% alright.

Midoriya, Mr Aizawa, Thirteen and another person (we weren't told who) were put into ambulances to get to Recovery Girl's office to get healed.

There was also multiple news vans and reporters gathered around the area, but the class was kept away from them while the pros dealt with them.

"So were did you guys end up?" I asked Tsu and Mineta.
"Ribbit, we ended up in the shipwreck zone with Midoriya, what about you?"
"I was in the fire simulation area with Ojiro. It was pretty scary."
They nodded before looking around, seeing others discussing what had happened and where they ended up.

I looked around, seeing police officers escorting cuffed villains out of the area and a group of them over with that zombie-Hulk monster.

"Okay everyone, please get onto the bus and we'll head back to U.A." Midnight instructed us, everyone quietly clambering onto the bus.
We drove back, the reality of what had just happened slowly sinking in, we had just survived a villain attack.

Holy fuck.

Though I heard that All Might was alright, which made me nervous about Shigaraki's reaction to when I see him again.

Probably tomorrow.

"Your parents and caregivers have been informed about what had happened, you're allowed to leave early once everything has been dealt with." Midnight informed us as we neared U.A. "Change out of your costumes and head to your classroom where a teacher will meet with you there."

"Yes ma'am." We said in unison as the bus stopped, everyone slowly getting out of the bus.

———

Once we were changed out of our costumes and seated in class, waiting for a teacher to come in.
After awhile, people decided to finish up some schoolwork or got into groups to talk about what happened, while we waited for a teacher.
Eventually Present Mic came in and dismissed us after giving us some work to do when we got home.

I walked towards the train station with Uraraka and Iida, discussing what had happened and wondering if Midoriya was alright before bidding goodbyes and I went off my way to the orphanage.

"Hi." A familiar voice said from behind me.
I rolled my eyes, but wasn't in the mood to activate my quirk and walk off.
Besides, he hasn't bullied me for awhile....I don't know why,
"Hi." I replied back, still looking straight ahead.

"You alright? From today I mean?"
"Why do you care?" I asked.
"I'm just trying to make conversation...." He mumbled.

I went quiet before speaking. "I'm fine, what about you?"
He looked at me in surprise. "Yeah, I'm alright."
"Where did you end up?" I asked.

"The landslide zone, Todoroki pretty much took out all of the villains. Hagakure was there as well apparently but I didn't see her myself." He replied, seeming pleasantly surprised that we were talking.

I mean, so was I but I guess it was better than him picking on me.

"Well, you know her hero suit is basically her without clothes on, just wearing boots and gloves." I said, looking to see his reaction.
He just shrugged and nodded. "Yeah I know. Anyway, where did you end up?"
"The fire simulation area with Ojiro, never want to go there again." I replied. "Too hot."
"Well fire is hot." Dylan pointed out.
"Obviously." I replied with an eyeroll.

We were walking up the steps to the orphanage before the door was flung open to see Faye standing there with a worried expression.
"Are you two alright?!" She asked frantically, walking down the steps and grabbing our faces, checking for any damage. "I heard what happened from the principal and I was worried sick!"

I nodded, gently grabbing her hands and pulling them away from my face. "Yes, I'm alright."
"What about you?" Faye asked, looking over to Dylan.
"He nodded, nothing too bad happened."

"You two were attacked by villains, what do you mean it's not bad?!" Faye asked.
I felt a twinge of guilt, we really had her worried, huh?
"Sorry." I apologised. "But really, not many people got injured and the pros showed up."

I saw her relax a little. "Well come in, it's quiet since most of the kids are at school. You can grab a snack and relax before going to your rooms."

I nodded, walking in behind her and into the building.

Word count: 1224 words