Chapter 12

The next day we found that Deku was alright, save for some bandages wrapped around his arms, and we stayed inside for the basic hero training. All Might gave us some theory work and a couple of pop quizzes to do to pass the time before school ended.

Mr Aizawa didn't show up for home group or basic hero training, so I guessed he was still recovering from the attack yesterday. But we were informed that Thirteen was alright.

Though I still felt a little guilty for the attack, I wasn't the one to initiate it but I still knew it was going to happen......

I was brought out of my thoughts as the bell went to signal the end of the day, making everyone put papers away and grab bags before heading off.

"Hey." A voice next to me said.
"Hi." I replied curtly, seeing Deku, Uraraka and Iida hanging outside the door waiting for me.
"Want to walk home together?" Dylan asked almost hesitantly.
"Sorry, I have work." I replied.

That wasn't a lie, I had to do some stuff for Grian while I was down at Kamino Ward, just had to stop by the bar on the way.
The jumper in my bag weighed heavy as I brought it along to cover up my uniform so no one would take much notice,

"Oh, okay, see you then." Dylan replied in a disappointed tone and walked out of the class while I was still packing up. I didn't notice his face.

Once I was done I walked over to the trio and we walked out of the school towards the station.

"Oh (Y/n), I thought you would've walked down your street by now?" Deku questioned as I walked past it.
I shrugged. "I've got some work to do."
"Oh, makes sense." He replied with a thoughtful face before we got into a discussion about if Mr Aizawa was alright,

We parted ways at the station as we had different trains to catch and I quickly slipped into a bathroom to put my jumper on before nearly missing the train.

No one paid me any mind as I slipped into a seat after buying a drink from the lady selling snacks on the train before staring out of the window and waited for my stop to come.

———

I arrived at my stop and walked the usual route towards Grian's place, stopping by, getting my tasks before heading to the bar.

I walked down the familiar alley towards the door and put my hand out to open it when the door opened on it's own.

I paused and stared at my hand, for a moment wondering if I was given a quirk to open doors, but looked up to catch a pair of bright green eyes.

A girl walked out of the bar, I had never seen her before, long dark red hair in a ponytail while shaved on one side, piercings in one ear and wearing a large dark grey coat with gloves on her hands.

She raised an eyebrow but stood there, hands seeming to reach for one of her gloves, blocking my way into the bar.

What the fuck do I do?

"Who's there?"I heard Shigaraki's raspy voice from inside.
"Just a school kid, standing there." She replied. "Want me to deal with him?"

I raised an eyebrow, I wasn't assuming but she looked to be at least one year older than me.

"No don't, if it's who I think it is then leave him be, I'll deal with him. Thank you for stopping by." Shigaraki replied.
She shrugged, quirking her lip before stepping around me and walking down the alley.

I turned to look to see her pull a rose out of her pocket and stare at it intently before pocketing it and disappearing into the everyday traffic.

Who the hell was that?

I took in a deep breath before opening the door to the bar and walking in, seeing the usual of Shigaraki siting at the bar while Kurogiri mindlessly cleaned a glass.

"Hi....." I started as the door closed behind me. "Who was that?"
"Oh her? New recruit for the League of Villains." Shigaraki responded casually before facing me. "Now about yesterday...."

I gulped. "I know it wasn't to plan...and you were defeated....but next time will be better."
He stared at me before speaking. "Yes......All Might wasn't there from the start before we lost our precious nomu....."

"Nomu?" I asked, tilting my head a little bit. "Oh, you mean that zombie-hulk creature thing?"
Shigaraki was quiet. "......yes."
"What's so special about them?" I asked hesitantly before instantly regretting the question.

"My master created them, they hold multiple quirks and the one captured could have been used to kill the Symbol of Peace. Though thanks to those pros at U.A. it was unable to do it's job." Shigaraki explained calmly. "Though I was deeply upset that our plan went to waste, master told me to view this as a learning experience. There will be a next time we can get our chance."

I was quiet, was there anything else to add to that?

"For the moment, we don't have anything planned since police and that will be on our trail, so I suggest to not come by here for awhile since we're going to lay low." Shigaraki said.

I nodded. "Is that all?"

"Yes. You may go." Shigaraki replied.

"Okay..." I said and opened the door before leaving.

So....he was leaving it at that? No death threats?

———

I finished up my tasks for Grian before informing him and heading back to the station to get the train back.

The sun was low, it was going to be night soon, as I waited for the train to go home.

I looked around before seeing a flash of red hair as a train rumbled through the station, but it was gone as the train left.

I raised an eyebrow but looked down at my phone nonetheless, letting Faye know I was on my way back before playing on some random game until my train rumbled into the station.

Word count: 1028 words