Chapter 21

After a couple of days, it was the day of the practical exam.

Dylan and I had been sparring a little before then, under the assumption that we were going against those robots from the entrance exam.

We were told to get changed into our hero costumes before getting onto a shuttle bus to take us to the Centre Plaza, where the Practical Exam Area was going to be.

Saying that the class was surprised that most of the faculty was waiting at the front of the area for us would an understatement. Everyone was confused as hell.

Were they here to watch us beat robots up?

"Now, we will begin the practical exam." Mr. Aizawa announced. "Of course, it is possible to fail this exam. If you want to go to the training camp, then don't make any stupid mistakes."

I gulped a little, the fact that quite a few teachers were there to watch was starting to sink in.

"I expect that you all have gathered information ahead of time and have some idea of what you will be doing."
"We're fighting robot warriors like at the entrance exams, right?" Kaminari asked easily.
"Fireworks! Curry! Test of Courage!" Mina added excitedly, seeming ready to get the fight over and done with to ensure she'll be going on the camp.

"Too bad!" A new voice interrupted as Mr. Aizawa's scarf started moving. "For various reasons, the exam will be different starting this time!" It said before some sort of white rat-bear thing popped out.

I jumped a little before realising it was Principal Nezu.

'Wait, we're not going against robots, so what are we going against?' I thought as he climbed down.

"From now on, we want to focus on person-to-person combat and hero work, and stress teaching that is closer to actual fighting." Nezu explained. "So...we'll have you form teams of two to fight against one teacher!"

'What?? But they're pro heroes, we're just beginners!' I thought worriedly.

"Against...the teachers?" Uraraka asked nervously, everyone else looking both nervous and intimidated.
"In addition, the pairs and who each pair will be up against have already been decided. These were determined at my discretion based on various factors, including fighting style, grades, and interpersonal relationships, so here they are." Aizawa continued.

"First, Todoroki and Yaoyorozu are one team, and they're fighting me. And Midoriya and Bakugo are a team, and their opponent..."
Both Deku and Bakugo looked equally surprised to see that they would be working together before someone jumped down in front of us, revealing it to be All Might.

"I...will do it!" He spoke, straightening up. "Work together to beat me, you two!"
"And now, we'll announce the teams and the teachers they'll be up against all at once!" Nezu announced.

The teams were listed off and I was surprised who I was paired up with.

Aoyama and me against Thirteen.

It just felt like the most bizarre pairing, and I had barely talked to the guy if I'm completely honest.
Dylan was also paired with Uraraka against Hound Dog, no idea what the reasoning behind it was as well.

"The time limit for the exam is thirty minutes! Your objective is either to put these handcuffs on the teacher, or to have one of you escape from the stage!" Nezu explained.

"Is it really ok to run away?" Mina asked.
"Yup." Nezu replied.

"But it'll be different from the combat training!" Mic announced. "You'll be up against someone waaaay better than you!"
"Better...than us?" Jiro muttered. "I really can't imagine it at all."
"Dummy! Hey girl, watch your mouth! You hear!"