Sophia - CHAPTER 6

TW: SEXUAL ASSAULT

...

Sophia makes it to her journalism class early as per usual. She takes her book out and starts writing down what the professor was writing on the board.

She watches her classmates come in and sit in their usual seats and class starts.

She and Wade have been texting and calling anytime they could for the past week and a half and when they weren't doing that, they were on each other's minds. But luckily, that didn't distract her from taking notes in class and listening to all the advice her professors were giving her for her upcoming exams.

The class finally ended and she walked to her next class, taking her time since she had 30 minutes before it started.

She decided to stop and get some coffee at the shop on campus. "Can I get a french vanilla iced coffee with just sugar?" She asks the guy behind the counter and he nods. "Thanks. That'll be it"

"2.75," He tells her. She takes out her wallet and pays while they make her drinks.

"Thanks." She smiles at him and she heads to class.

While she walks to class she feels as if someone is following her, but she ignores it, thinking it's just in her head. "Hey, pretty lady!" She hears someone yell and she stops in her tracks to process what just happened before she picks up her pace while walking. All that she can think of is getting class safe.

"Where are you going?" He asks her. "You look hot in those leggings. Yoga class maybe?" The man chuckles. Sophia doesn't find this funny at all, and she even screws her eyes shot and keeps walking.

How do they let people like this on campus?

"Do you not know how to talk? I know you aren't deaf. Do you even know how to treat a man? It's very rude of you to ignore me" He keeps talking but Sophia keeps her mouth shut not wanting any more trouble. She discreetly grabs her phone and dials 911 in case she needs to call them. "Actually, I'm okay with that. The quiet ones give in easier, anyway."

She finally gets to her classroom and pulls the door open and closes it as soon as she's inside and takes a deep breath, feeling safe again. Her head was spinning and she felt like she was going to faint.

Thankfully, the campus only allows students with IDs into classrooms so she would be safe for the next two hours.

"Hey, are you okay? You look spaced out." Mackayla asks her when she sits down.

Sophia nods. "I'm fine. Just tired."

"Well, you got your coffee so I think you're all set." Mackayla laughs.

Sophia chuckles trying to hide the fact that she's still in shock from what just happened. Her hands were sweating and shaky. She pulls out her phone and opens her texts with Wade.

Me: You'll call me tonight, right?

Wade: yes, of course, like every night. Is everything okay?

Me: I'm okay. I was just double-checking. All the schoolwork is making me crazy.

Wade: Awe, Soph. Wish I was there so I could help.

Me: I wish you were here too. Good luck tonight, Hun.

Wade: Thank you :)

Class starts and she can't concentrate at all. The only thing that was keeping her going at that point is talking to Wade later that day. She felt safe with him. She wasn't worried about taking notes either since Mackayla was taking her own and asking questions.