Sophia - CHAPTER 61

"Where are we going?" Sophia asks for the millionth time this car ride.

"To a restaurant."

"What kind of restaurant?"

"The kind where they serve food."

Sophia huffs when she sees Wade smile and sees how he won't give away where they're going.

"You're no fun." She complains.

"You have no patience." Wade fires back.

"Yeah well, you should've figured that out when you met me."

"I did. Remember the beer?"

Sophia smirks. She remembers that perfectly. "Well, that has an excuse. If I remember correctly my idol was a dick to me so I had no other option."

"Hmm well look at how that turned out." Wade shows her his ring and Sophia shrugs.

"Yeah, horrible." She teases and Wade fakes being hurt.

"That's extremely mean of you. Take it back."

"Hmm, tell me where we're going and I might."

Wade sighs. "Fair enough. But I guess we're already here, so look at it yourself."

He brought her to one of the fanciest places in town which she haven't been to in a couple of years. Sophia loved it here but she never directly told him because she knows he's capable of bringing her there more often.

"Why here?" She asks quietly.

"Mackayla told me it's your favorite place when I first brought you plus we haven't been a formal date in a long time. I wanted to treat you."

"Oh." Sophia blushes.

Wade smiles when he sees how shy she got. "Wanna go inside?"

"Oh, yeah. Let's go."

When they walk inside they are immediately greeted by one of the waitresses. "Do you guys have a reservation?"

"Yes, it's under Wade Anderson," Wade tells her.

"Okay, come this way."

They walk over to a table where there's a window with a view of the whole city. "Would you rather sit outside?" He asks her before they sit down.

"Here is fine."

They sit down and they give them their menus but Sophia doesn't open hers. "I already know what I want."

"Okay." Wade laughs. "What do you recommend?"

"I'm not telling you since you'll copy me. Get whatever your feeling. I'm going to the bathroom."

Sophia goes to the bathroom and cleans herself up. When she comes out a man comes up to her. "Hey, angel." He smiles at her and she rolls her eyes as she continues to walk. "What kind of lady rolls her eyes when she gets called an angel?"

"The kind that's married. Have a good night sir." She tells him before finally walking off but turns out he was only sitting two tables away from her and Wade.

"I'm just warning you that this man-eating alone is trying to hit on me." She tells him. "But don't look."

Wade doesn't listen to Sophia and he immediately turns back and forth to find him until he does. "Did he not see the rings on your hand?"

"Wade-"

"I mean come on, I know you're beautiful but it's not hard to notice how you're mine." He interrupts her and Sophia laughs at his jealousy.