Sophia -CHAPTER 12

TW: mature scene

...

"Just try it on!" Mackayla tells Sophia. "I'll look so hot on you that Wade won't know what to do with himself." Mackayla holds up the dress in front of her.

Sophia laughs. "Are you sure? I don't want it to be too much." She stares at the dress and how she knows I'll be really short and tight on her.

"100%, Soph. You'll take his breath away. You should even wear that lingerie you got a couple of months ago." Her friend reminders her and Sophia's cheeks flush red. She totally forgot she got that.

"Okay. I will." She decides confidently.

"Great!" Mackayla cheers. "I'll wear your navy blue dress then." She goes into Sophia's closet and leaves her room with her dress.

Sophia takes a long shower and blow-dries her hair. She decides to give herself "messy curls" and she goes for a smoky makeup look but it's not too extra either.

She finally puts on the dress and she's shocked at how much she actually likes it. It fitted her figure perfectly it was the perfect amount of short. She pairs it with a pair of silver heels and she's ready to go.

Ander already picked up Mackayla when Sophia finished getting ready but that was okay because they wanted to get to the restaurant before she and Wade.

Mackayla: you look, great girl!! Please don't take the dress off

Me: I won't. I promise. Thank you for suggesting it!

Mackayla: I've always got your back

The doorbell rings and it feels like her stomach drops and her nerves kick in. She grabs her phone and walks up to the door.

"Heyy- Holy shit." Wade cuts himself off when he sees what his girlfriend is wearing and it almost leaves him breathless.

Sophia chuckles and her cheeks flush red. "You look good, hun." She compliments him on his all-black suit.

"Says the Goddess in front of me." He lets out a big breath of air. "You look absolutely amazing, Soph. Are you sure you want to go out to dinner with Ander and Mackayla? We can always stay in." Wade suggests, grabbing both sides of her hips, pulling her closer.

Sophia runs her hands through his hair and grabs his jaw. "We can't bail now and if we make them wait any longer they probably end up calling us none stop."

"We can put our phones on silent."

"Let's go, Wade." Sophia grabs his hand and drags him out of the apartment and into his car.

When they get into the car, Sophia turns the music on, and unlike other times, Wade puts his hand on her knee and he slowly rubs it while drives to the restaurant.

Sophia notices it and knows that the dress is working and it makes her smile. Like always, Mackayla was right. The car ride was silent besides some talk every now and then but the tension was just starting to build up.

Wade kept looking over her every chance he had. "Eyes on the road, mister." Sophia teases once she sees him looking.

"I don't know if I can do that, Sophia." He responds in a low voice. Wade is trying his best to resist himself since neither of them knows if they can handle themselves for the whole night.

When they get to the restaurant they both take a moment before getting out of the car. "Do you need my jacket?" He asks her. " It's chilly outside."

Sophia shakes her head. "I'll be okay. Thank you."

When they get out of the range over, Sophia walks over to Wade and she takes her hand into his.