Sophia - CHAPTER 27

"Wake up!!!" Sophia shakes Wade. "It's Christmas."

He slowly opens his eyes and he chuckles. "I'm awake, I'm awake!"

"It's Christmas!" She says again.

"Yeah, it is." He pulls her back down to his side and he stares at her for a while. "What if we just stay up here?" He asks.

Sophia shakes her head. "I want cookies and presents."

"I'm already-"

"Don't finish that sentence, Wade." Sophia cringes and he laughs. " Let's go."

They get up and they go downstairs where everyone else is already there. "The love birds have woken up!" Mr. Anderson jokes. "What do you guys want for breakfast?"

"I'll just have some coffee and cookies, if possible," Sophia asks.

"Me too." Wade adds and then they both sit on the couch.

"Okay! We've already made each person's pile so people, start opening!" Mrs. Anderson says and Sophia grabs her first present, it's from Anna and it's the blouse she was looking at the other day.

"How did you get this?" Sophia asks her.

"Magic powers." Anna answers.

Sophia chuckles. "I love it, thank you."

They all go through the rest of the presents and then Sophia has two to go when Wade has one. "This makes no sense, we said one-"

"I know. I got you two." Wade interrupts her. "Trust me. It's worth it."

Sophia wants to complain but she chooses no to. She grabs the bigger one first and she opens it. It's the makeup kit and skincare kit she'd been saving up for. "How did you-"

"Open the other one." He interrupts again, impatiently.

She grabs the small box and opens it and she smiles. It's a crystal necklace with stars and a moon. "It represents the night we met." He explains. "And the night I asked you out. Both nights the sky was cleared up and you could see the stars perfectly."

"Wade, that's so sweet!" His mom says. " It's a beautiful necklace too."

Sophia just stares at the necklace and at Wade, still in shock at how sweet and romantic it is and it definitely had more meaning than just that.

"Do you like it?" He whispers.

She nods. "I love it."

He smiles at her and kisses her cheek. "I love you." He says into her ear.

"Well, put it on her, Wade." His mom adds and they both chuckle. Sophia gives him the box and he puts the necklace on her.

"Open yours now," Sophia says.

he takes the present and he notices it's not hard. "Hmm, that's interesting." He says. He tears the wrapping paper and then he sees his favorite player's Jersey and it's signed.

"How did you get this?" He asks shocked. "I thought they didn't sell them anymore."

"Ander helped me pull some strings."

"Sophia this is amazing, thank you so much." He says.

"You're welcome." She smiles.

After they have lunch and spend time with the family, Wade takes Sophia to meet his friends.

"Just a warning, my friends are a little bit... Childish." Wade warns. "Like they're stuck in high school."

"Oh. Okay. I can take that." Sophia smiles.