Sophia - CHAPTER 53

It's the next morning and Sophia is surprisingly up early due to the events that took place in the whole house night. Basically.

She has her email open on her computer and she doesn't know what email to open first. She sighs and brings the sheets up to her nose. Almost a year knowing her Wade and every time she smells his cologne it's like the first time.

Sophia hears him groan and scratch his eyes while he wakes up. "It's bright in here." He says in a joking voice.

"I'm sorry. It was so nice outside I couldn't pass up the opportunity." She apologizes.

He sits up and kisses her shoulder and cheek. "That's okay." He chuckles. "Good morning."

"Good morning." She smiles at him from the side while she still moves her mouse up and down. He gets closer to her and takes her computer. "Hey!"

Wade opens the New York times one. "350K. Office in the city. Working as editor and writer." And then he opens the Calgary one "225K a year. Remotely or in office. And again, editor and writer."

"Did you say remotely?" She asks to double-check and he nods. "Thanks, great, B! You know what that means? I get to work from Tampa and Calgary and wherever I want to."

Sophia couldn't be more excited about that option. It made choosing so much easier now that she and Wade's long-distance situation wasn't going to get harder.

He smiles. "So you choose here?"

Sophia bites her lip. "Now what's the fun in not making you wonder?" and she gets up. "Cmon, we need to help Anna before the baby shower."

"Well, it seems pretty obvious to me what you choose-"

"I'd be making 125k more in New York. And, Cmon, New York." She interrupts him making him question his thoughts. "So much money."

"You can have mine." He mumbles saddened.

"All of it."

"But I want more." She pouts back.

"Oh, baby you can bet they'll pay me to double by next year."

Sophia rolls her eyes at Wade's dominance though she doesn't mind it as much as she would like it that he stopped giving her his money like that.

"I'm taking a shower and you're talking one after me. We need to pick up the cake and cupcakes before we go to Anna's. Got it?" She says taking back her power.

"Yes ma'am."

Once they get to the baby shower they help Anna get everything ready by making her get ready and relax.

"Ugh, why did she choose not to know the gender? Beige is so ugly." Jack complains.

"Because it makes the birth just so much more special. Plus, more name choices." Sophia says excitedly. "I can't wait until I'm a mom."

Wade chuckles but deep down he agrees. He can't wait to be a dad. "No period Sophia for 9 months? I'll take it." He jokes and she throws confetti at him.

When the guest starts to arrive, Sophia takes the gifts to put them in a pile, Jack monitors her so she doesn't open any of them. "I can resist myself, Jack."

"No, you can't."

"I can."

"Sophia you almost cried when you saw the baby shoes I got."

"They were so cute!" She aws. "So tiny for tiny toes."

Jack laughs. "Someone has baby fever."

"I'd loved kids since forever. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't have any of my own. Probably die." She jokes but then she mentally stops to think about it.