Sophia - CHAPTER 45

It was a week later meaning it was valentine's day and Sophia was lucky enough to have Wade in town and that it wasn't a game day.

They both decided to sleep in and the moment Wade woke up so did Sophia and it was 11 am. "Well good morning to you, beautiful." He smirks. "Happy Valentine's day."

"Hmmm." Sophia groans and stretches her arms out and one of them wraps behind his neck. "Happy Valentine's Day to you too. This is the day you have to treat me like a queen."

"As if I don't do that every day." He says pretending to be offended making Sophia laugh. "I'm glad I'm here for today though."

"Me too. The one-time hockey lets us be together." Sophia says dramatically and Wade rolls his eyes knowing that's not true.

"Cmon, we need to go get ready. Ander and Mackayla are probably already waiting." Wade says getting out of bed leaving Sophia confused.

"No Valentine's kiss?" She asks in a little girl's voice and Wade is really quick to get back on the bed and give her a really long kiss that she did not expect.

When he pulls away, he pulls Sophia with him and throws her over his shoulder making her scream. "You scared me! Where are we going?" She asks since her only view is Wade's butt.

"To the shower together so we can use less water and get ready faster." He explains figuring out an excuse for what's really going to happen.

"I like that idea. Very pro-environment of you, babe."

"Thanks, Soph, I think so too."

Sophia and Wade take their time getting ready although they have a triple date in an hour for the whole day.

"Okay, I'm ready," Sophia says while spraying perfume on and leaving the bedroom.

Wade looks up from his phone and smiles.

"You look beautiful."

Sophia blushes after he compliments her as she does every time. "And you look handsome."

She sees him react the same way but he doesn't say anything. The doorbell rings and Wade goes to open it. It's Mia and Travis.

"Hey!" Mia says. "I love you dress, Soph!"

"Thank you!"

"I'll definitely have to borrow it," Mia adds. "Are you guys ready? Oh my, why am I asking of course you are all dressed up. Let's go."

Sophia and Wade wait for them to get out of the apartment and when Sophia walks out Wade closes the door at the same time he grabs Sophia by the lower back and her eyes almost pop out. "You need to stop scaring me like this. Especially on my day."

"Aw, baby, it's not my fault you get scared as easily as Hall."

"I do not get scared easily." Travis groans and everyone laughs knowing that not true.

"Mackayla told me they're already there," Mia announces.

They get into Travi's car and when Sophia sits in the back seat, Wade sits next to her, trying to get as close as he can. Sophia doesn't notice but Mia and Travis do.

They drive to the restaurant where they meet Mackayla and Ander. "Soph, can I talk to you for a second?" Mackayla asks her. "Code 3."

Sophia's eyes widen when Mackayla uses a random code knowing it was serious or embarrassing. "Actually, you to Wade," Mackayla adds pulling both of them away.

"Is everything okay?" Sophia asks her. "Did Ander-"

"What? No. I mean I don't know."

Sophia and Wade are still confused so Mackayla sighs trying to relax. "We just haven't... done it in a long time. At least we don't do it as often. Does that mean he doesn't feel the same anymore? I thought today everything would go back the way it was but it doesn't seem to." She asks worriedly. "How often do you guys have sex?"