Sophia - CHAPTER 26

The next morning, Sophia wakes up in Wade's childhood bed. She doesn't know how she got there because the last thing she remembers is sleeping on the couch.

She turns and she sees Wade go over the last game they played. "Hey, beautiful." he smiles at her but turns his attention back to the screen.

"Why are you doing this so early?" She asks him, wrapping her arm around his shoulders. "It's 9 am on a break."

Wade chuckles. "I've been awake since 7 and I didn't want to leave you so I decided to do this."

"You're on vacation, Wade. You shouldn't be doing this." She puts her hand in front of the Ipad so he can't see what's going on.

He pauses the game and he puts his things on the nightstand. "There."

Sophia smiles. "Way better. Good morning, sweets."

Wade kisses her and then someone knocks on the door. "Come in," Wade yells.

Anna opens the door. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything... But Soph, do you have anything to wear for the dinner tonight?"

Sophia looks at what day it is. Christmas Eve. "Shit, no, I totally forgot to pack the dress I had laid out. See, I knew I had to check one last time."

"Well, actually I didn't bring anything either so do you want to grab something to eat and go shopping?"

"Yes! That sounds so fun. I'll be downstairs in a few minutes." Sophia gets out the bed and starts picking out what to wear.

"Amazing! Wade your girlfriend is my girlfriend now." Anna says before closing the door and Wade laughs.

"I guess that gives me time to catch up with my brothers." He laughs also getting up and getting dress. "I'm glad you and Anna are getting along."

"Me too. She's great."

Sophia gets dressed quickly and so does Wade. She kisses him goodbye, before running down the stairs.

"Ready?" Anna asks and she nods.

They drive to the mall and they go into a few different stores but they don't find anything.

They walk into the last store they seem to like and they start looking. "How did you and Grant meet?" Sophia asks.

"In high school. More specifically his hockey game. Even more specifically I confused him with the guy I was there to see but I got the team mixed up." Anna laughs.

"Does he know you confused him?"

"Oh yeah. He mocks me every day for it. But I guess I was supposed to mess up. How did you and Wade meet?"

Sophia smirks. "The story isn't too long but I basically poured beer on him and he then offered me season tickets."

Anna laughs. "No way."

"Yeah and then he asked me to get coffee with him so he could give me the tickets" Sophia explains in air quotes. "I'm glad I said yes."

Anna takes out a purple dress and Sophia takes out a green one. They both look at each other and they switch the dresses and they go into the dressing rooms.

When Sophia gets the dress on and she looks into the mirror she immediately falls in love with the dress. "Sophia." She hears from the other side of the dressing room.

"Anna."

"Yes?"

"100%."

"Me too. Let's go pay."