Sophia - CHAPTER 64

"Why the fuck haven't you told her about the baby actually being a girl?!" Mackayla whispers at Wade.

"Because I know how bad she wants a girl." He whispers back. "She was a little disappointed when we 'found out' we had a boy since she had such a strong feeling it was going to be a girl. But when the baby comes out, she'll see it's a girl, and boom surprise!"

"You're a dumbass, you know that right?" Mackayla rolls her eyes and Sophia comes back out.

"I'm going to sleep. Thank you two for coming over. I'll see you tomorrow Mackayla?"

Mackayla nods. "I'll pick you up."

"Great. Goodnight."

Everyone says goodnight and the moment Sophia is gone Wade asks why he's a dumbass.

"Because you're going to have to lie to her the rest of your life. Pretending you had no clue. What if she finds out? She'll be so mad."

"Well, I didn't think of that part..." He mumbles. "There's no reason for her to just find out, okay? I'll be okay."

"And what about us? Your parents? Her mom? Jack and Grant?"

"You'll keep it a secret right? Please?" Wade begs and Mackayla and Ander sigh.

"We'll try." Ander answers. "But this is the one thing you shouldn't keep from her."

"It's too late now."

Mackayla laughs. "Yeah. It is."

Wade notices both of their moods and he isn't having it even though he knows he's wrong for keeping that kind of information from Sophia.

"I'm also beat." He says getting up. "You guys should go."

"You're not seriously mad at us?" Mackayla asks.

"I'm tried, Mackayla. The guest room is open if you want but I'm going to bed."

Wade goes into his bedroom and notices that Sophia is awake. "Did I wake you up?" He asks her.

She nods. "I heard you guys fighting. Is everything okay?"

"Everything is fine."

"People don't fight if everything is fine, Wade. What's going on?" She asks crossing her arms. And at that moment, Wade knew she heard the whole thing loud and clear. He sighs and looks down.

"Are we really having a girl?" She asks again. Wade nods.

"Yeah. We are."

Sophia sits up on the bed. "And you didn't tell me because you wanted it to be a surprise?"

"I think I didn't think my plan all the way through." He tells her trying to defend himself.

"That's probably the dumbest but sweetest thing you've ever done for me."

"What?" He says looking back up.

"I mean I wish you told me but I understand what you planned to do."

"So you aren't mad?"

"Oh well, a little. But I'll get over it." She sighs. "Are you coming to bed or are you just going to stand there?"

Wade smiles relieved. "I need to take a shower but I'll be right back."

"Okay."

Once he's done getting ready and gets back into the bedroom, Sophia is passed out again and he chuckles. "You are seriously so perfect, even when sleeping." He tells her hoping she's actually asleep and she is. "Goodnight, Soph."