Sophia - CHAPTER 62

It was a few weeks later and they were back in Canada for Thanksgiving break. Sophia and Wade were on their second try at having a baby but this time was completely different. They didn't tell anyone but their parents and they're also extremely relaxed about it.

They sat on the couch with Jack who just got drafted by the Calgary Flames but for some reason, he looked stressed.

"Hey, Jack, are you okay?" Sophia asks him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He answers biting on his nails. "Why?"

"You're chopping your nails off."

"Oh... well... I guess there is something..." He says starting to talk slowly. "I'm going to ask Reegan to marry me next week."

Sophia gets up and her eyes almost pop out "What?! And you didn't think of telling me?! That's so great Jack!" She says hugging him.

"Uh- I-" Jack tries to explain.

Wade cuts him off. "Dude you're like 22."

"Yeah, so?"

"So don't you think you're a little young?"

"And you wanted to marry Sophia the moment you saw her so what's your point?" Jack shoots back getting annoyed. "I've known Reegan for my whole life and I know it's time."

"I think so too," Sophia says with a smile trying to lighten the mood. "Don't you think so, Wade? Mackayla got married that young."

"It's different. Very different."

Jack shakes his head. "How is it any different?"

"You're career just started, Jack."

"So did Mackayla's when she got engaged. Be happy for him, Wade. I won't take your bullshit reasons and neither will he." Sophia says defending Jack and getting between the brothers so they don't start fighting.

Then Wade starts laughing. "You two are so fucking easy to prank."

Both Sophia and Jack sigh in relief. "Don't do that again, man. Holy shit." Jack says looking more relaxed and Sophia gets out of the way.

Wade hugs his brother. "Congrats. How can Sophia and I help?"

"Well... with everything I guess. I have no idea what I'm doing."

Sophia smiles evilly. "Well, this is definitely a job for me."

A month later...

"Is everything ready?" Reegan asks Sophia.

She nods. "Yep. All the food is in the kitchen and theirs enough chairs and games outside for more people to come in."

"Ugh, you're the best. I couldn't have planned this on my own." Reegan hugs Sophia from the side.

"Anything for the bride-to-be and future sister-in-law." Sophia winks. "Jack is on his way right?"

"He better. He said we needed more beer and how he needed Grant and Wade's help with it."

"That's the trio for you. they love their beer."

Reegan chuckles. "Yeah, they do. I'm just nervous I think."

"Why?"

"It just- I don't want him to chicken out."

"Oh I know you've known Jack for longer than I have but I am 100% sure he is way more excited about this than him getting into the NHL two years ago," Sophia reassures her.

Reegan blushes. "Really?"

"Really."

Before either of them can say anything else the guys come in with 12 packs in each of their hands and Jack's friends come in with more.