Sophia - CHAPTER 34

The next morning Sophia wakes up with a pounding headache and the smell of bacon. She takes a look around and her eyes widen. She looks down and sees that she's dressed but not in her dress.

She gets up and gets out of the room and sees Wade cooking breakfast. "Good morning." He says.

"Did we sleep together?"

"What? No. What makes you think that?" He asks her surprised.

"Change of clothes."

"You changed yourself last night and slept out here."

"Oh." She says.

"So I promised Mackayla I'd take you back to your place but I assumed you'd be hungry-"

Sophia interrupts him, getting ready to leave. "No thanks. And I can take myself." She tells him. "Plus, Landon will freak out enough that I'm in men's clothing, just imagine with you."

Wade's heart sinks when Sophia mentions Landon. She could be staying here with him but instead, she's not.

"So you guys are dating?"

"Pff, no." She laughs. "Anyway, I'll see you at the game?"

He snaps his head up. "You're coming?"

"Landon wants me there." She explains and opens the front door. "Tell the guys I said good luck tonight."

Wade smiles at her and she leaves.

Sophia gets back to her apartment and Landon is sitting on her bed. "Hey." She tells him.

"You dated Wade? And you went to his apartment last night?" He asks angrily.

Sophia sighs knowing that Ander and Mackayla told him but she's not bothered by him knowing anymore.

"Yeah, why?"

"I don't want you near that asshole anymore."

"Hm, funny, he'd probably say the same thing about you."

Landon slams his hand on the table causing Sophia to jump. "I mean it, Sophia. You're mine-"

"No. I'm not."

Landon laughs. "Oh right, you're Wade's with that little stupid tattoo you've got on your ribcage. I should've known that meant something."

"I'm nobodies, Landon. I'm not an object. I'm a human being and you better start treating me like one. Yes, Wade and I dated, and yes I was at his place yesterday, but that's because if it weren't for him, I probably wouldn't be here right now. So for fucks sake, grow a pair."

He doesn't say anything for a while and Sophia takes the opportunity to change into clean clothes and take a shower. When she gets out Landon is still in the same spot.

"I'm sorry." He apologizes. "I just got really worried last night and I guess I still have that adrenaline in me."

Sophia closes her eyes and sighs. "You can't let your anger take over you. Especially when you said you don't do relationships and then you act all-controlling."

"I know. And I'll try to be better. I promise."

"Okay. I forgive you and I trust you. But if you pull something like this again-"

"I won't." He kisses her cheek and gets up. "I need to get going. I'll see you at the game, right? Like you promised?"

Sophia nods and he closes the door.

She's got her blue outfit on but can't decide on wearing Wade's jersey or not. It's the one she's own since he's gotten in the team so it's not necessarily his and it is the team she's supported since she was a little girl.