Sophia - CHAPTER 36

It's the next morning and Sophia wakes up before her alarm since she couldn't wait to see Wade. She gets out of bed and throws on mom jeans and an oversized pastel yellow sweater and to top it off she wears her combat boots and a lot of jewelry.

She does her make-up and her hair and she's ready to go. "Why are you up so early? Class isn't until 10:30." Mackayla yawns when she sees her friend about to leave.

"I'm... Getting coffee with Wade." Sophia explains shyly and Mackayla smirks.

"Ahh, that's why you got all ready huh?"

"What? Is it too much?" Sophia asks her looking down at her outfit.

"No, not at all. Have fun." Mackayla winks at her before going back into her room.

Wade knocks on the door and Sophia immediately opens it and then realizes she should've waited a few seconds. "Hey." She says embarrassing.

Wade chuckles. "Hey, Soph. I see you're ready to go." He looks at her up and down and he bites his lower lip a little bit.

"I- yeah I woke up sooner than planned."

"Well then, let's go."

Wade goes to grab Sophia's hand but realizes that it's still too early but he does still open the car door for her.

The ride to the coffee shop is quiet besides the country music playing in the background and Sophia humming along.

When they get there, the place is pretty packed so she grabs a table before there isn't any left while Wade gets their coffees and bagels.

After five minutes, he walks up to her and sits down. "One iced vanilla coffee with a bacon and egg bagel for the beautiful lady," Wade says handing the food to her and Sophia blushes.

"Thank you. What did you get?" She asks pretending not to remember his order.

"Black coffee and the spicy bagel combo." He tells her but he knows she knows. "Why? Do you wanna trade bagels like we always end up doing?"

Sophia shakes her head. "Mine's better." She says with a mouth full.

"Ah, yeah? Can I try it?"

"No way. You take big bites."

"I do not."

"Yes, you do."

"Let me prove it to you." He says with a smirk knowing he will take a big bite.

"Get your filthy hands away from my bagel, Anderson."

Wade pulls her hair closer to him and now their legs were brushing up against each other. "Yeah? Or What?" He challenges her when he gets really close to her face.

"I just think I should remind you that I did do karate so I could-"

"You went for two classes, Sophia. I remember you telling me."

Sophia sighs. "What do you want from me?" she says jokingly pouting but Wade can think about at least a million things that he wants from her.

"Do you know why I brought you here?" He asks her.

"To feed me," Sophia says in a duh tone.

"Besides that."

Sophia shrugs. "Honestly, no."

"I wanted to explain all the things that happened in high school since I never got the chance to. I owe you an explanation."

"No, you-"

"I want to then," Wade tells her. "Most of it was to fit in with the crowd, especially with the hockey guys. I never liked doing any of the things we did, from messing with those girls' hearts to bullying any kid who wanted to join the team. It made me feel terrible especially because I know I was raised right and my mom would kill me if she found out. I even tried to reach out to some of those people to apologize after everything. And the girl I almost- well though I got pregnant but turns out she lied... I knew that if it did happen. I would've dropped everything for that kid. I wouldn't be an idiot like I had been."