Sophia - CHAPTER 59

"Wade is right," Quinn says and Sophia stops. "Sophia, it's his child too-"

"Was-"

"Sophia, I know you are going through denial and pain and so many other feelings but so is he. He's a mess. As much as you want my help, he's the one you need. You both need each other."

Sophia sits on the couch. "I'm not in denial."

"That's what you got off of that? you remind me of your father more each day." Quinn sighs. "Pack up and fix things with Wade. I don't want you here until you do."

Sophia sighs. "You're not giving me any other options are you?"

"Nope. Get off your ass, now."

Sophia listens to her mom and when she gets to the house everything is out of place and Wade isn't there. She sighs and starts to clean up.

It takes her at least a couple of hours and when she's finally done she turns the TV on and covers herself with a blanket.

Wade walks in and she quickly gets up. "H-hey."

"What are you doing here?" Wade asks her with a deep breath. "Did you come to yell at me even more?"

"No. I didn't."

"Then what, Soph?"

"My mom told me we need to make up." She explains. "I don't think I understood your pain until I saw this place when I walked in."

Wade keeps quiet but he sits down on one of the stools ready to listen to her.

"I think we're both still dealing with what happened. I know I am and the other day I... I was being selfish. And this is no excuse but I lost such a huge part of me. My biggest nightmare came to life, Wade. I took part of my emotions out on you and in the wrong way too."

Wade is still quiet.

"Can you please say something? You know I can't stand-"

"It's two months. It took you two whole months. I gave you my word that I would never leave you and you go and push me away and close the doors on me so I can't get in. Not only that but I lost my kid too and I've been going through that alone."

"I know. I'm so sorry-"

Wade shakes his head. "I don't I can accept your apology, Sophia. What you did was so mean and I would never do that to you."

"I'm trying my best here, okay? I'm really struggling and I know you are to so can you please work with me."

"Work with you?" He laughs. "You haven't called me or texted me in what feels like ages. I haven't heard from you, Sophia. It breaks my heart to see you do this to me. I know that you get it now but it's not that fucking easy."

Sophia crosses her arms. "Okay. I understand. I'll sleep in the guestroom since my mom doesn't want me in her house and at the same time you get all the time you need."

Sophia gets up and brings her luggage to the guest room and starts to put stuff away. She gets more violent each time until she breaks the shelf she was using. "Shit." She mumbles.

"Is everything okay in here?" Wade asks until he sees the shelf. "Oh gosh."

"I'll fix it. It's okay." She hiccups. "Where's the box with the tools?"

"Don't worry about that, okay? We'll take care of it later." He tells her bringing her into a hug. "What do you want for dinner?"

"Uhm... I don't know." She says latching onto him. "You can choose."