PROLOGUE

Sixteen years.

Mourning for sixteen years was like a yesterday for a woman standing in her veranda, looking at the mountain and stars surrounding her home.

Even the occasional visit of certain people isn't enough to quench the sorrow that she felt when her twin brother died on that campaign.

And what hurts her heart is the betrayal of the person that she once vowed to help when time comes. Their hearts were consumed with greed and envy when her brother resurface with a different, scary yet powerful cultivation that turned the tides of the war.

All for their selfish thoughts.

Many of their loved ones died protecting them, but who would have thought that a simple phrase can destroy what they aimed and divert it to someone else? And that someone else was her beloved brother who only thought for the safety of everyone in exchange of his.

No matter how hard she tried to stop her brother on the single point, it still happened and she became powerless to tell everyone the truth. She knows that even if she tells the whole truth, no one will believe her. After all, she's not a 'cultivator' like them when she decided to hide what she can do.

No amount of material things or songs can ease her hurt heart. So she shut herself away after the death of her brother, never to look back on everyone, never to speak and never to hear them calling her back.

But she swore that her brother will back, no matter what, whether he's a ghost or a beast, and she will come to collect him back.

"Wei Ying will return, you heartless cultivators that was once his friends. Make sure that your useless brains will remember this. And I, Wei MeiLan, will return to take my brother back, to keep him safe and eliminate all bastards that will stand our way to our peaceful life. And all of his fake friends won't be able to dare to even hurt his hair or the hem of his clothes."

For a woman like her, those threats are empty for cultivators, but when she lashed out a golden aura towards them so they can't move forward, that's when they know that she's serious.

"Mess with me and you will pay for price dearly."

She found a good spot to hide away from civilization and founded a village that will accept outcasts and people who ran away for safety. She cradled them like her own family and protected them from harm, tried to lead a peaceful sixteen years in that place.

"Brother, I have a place for you to be safe together with your soulmate."

She gave everything to her family and lost them. And now she will still do it for him. As smile crept slowly in her face after those years, tears welled up in happiness as she received a good news.

Wei WuXian is back.

"Welcome back, my dear twin brother." She murmured as she stared at the starry night.

Perhaps, this is the night that will be the start of their happy lives.