FORTY SEVEN

"It seems like you lots are having fun ganging up on my brother and brother-in-law, huh," Wei MeiLan 's voice rang from the behind, startling the crowd.

"We are just stating facts," One of the cultivators answered.

"Which fact? Is this fact based on what you have seen a bit and tweaked by rumors? It seems like the lot of you hadn't remembered my warning back then," The crowd was cut in half as she walked her way to Wei WuXian. "Any people who dares to disrupt our peace, or dares to harm my brother in any way, I won't spare them.

She stood in front of her brother, facing the crowd. "If you're going to blame my brother for the cause of loosing your cultivating powers, you better choose properly the next words or I'll gut you."

"LengShui-dashi, you're being biased!"

She sneered. "I'm being biased? Then can please someone tell me how long I endured you people all these years."

"Wei Qing..." Lan QiRen sighed.

"Uncle-in-law, as much as I love you as my own uncle, if you know me well, you know I won't spare any malicious things being thrown out to my family and loved ones. But if my own person will do this, they won't get spared of punishment too. And now, I will do what I should have done back then,"

She looked at the crowd. "The kids and us four-Wen Ning, my brother, Wangji, and I-will be able to withstand the corpses that will coming towards here. Now, I will let you choose: you will enter the cave, or die here fighting the corpses."

Roars of the corpses are becoming loud. Flock of dead people with enhanced body flowed onto them, giving them a little to no choice but to retreat back to the cave as Lan QiRen activated the array lying there for protection.

"Oh, I thought you guys will go there and get killed," Wei MeiLan was sitting at one of the rocks inside the cave. "I'm expecting a good show, like being a valiant hero or something that still go head on without enough arsenal to fight. I guess you're not that dumb enough to do it."

Coughs from the crowd tries to remove the awkwardness that comes from the selected people still failed. "Anyway, you guys are here, we should solve this problem that you are currently facing: losing your cultivation. Again, don't babble nonsense. Are we clear?"

"Those corpses must have poison when we kill them," One of the cultivators said. "All of us fought them, we never took anything before we set off here,"

Debates started until Wei WuXian spoke. "I'm also quite curious, Su She was a former disciple of Lan clan right? Yet I never heard him play guqin. Would you try to entertain us and play the notes you played when you subdue the corpses?"

"How can I be able to play when I'm also drained?"

"Well, just curious, you know?"

Wei MeiLan just stared as Wei WuXian signalled at Lan WangJi as he laid a trap. Of course, he even made Lan QiRen annoyed at him for asking such questions when he has Lan WangJi beside him.

And it turns out that Su She is one of the perpetrators of this chaos. In order to escape, he destroyed the formation that is keeping them escape and teleported away.

"Oh, what a nice turn of events," Wei MeiLan chuckled. "He's indeed a coward. He dared to runaway when cornered than fight, and leave you to die. How befitting of him,"

Laced with sarcasm, she crossed her legs from she's sitting and propped her elbow so that her chin can lean on her palm. "A'Ying, how long will they be able to enter the cave?"

"A few minutes, I think," Wei WuXian answered. "But why didn't you tried to stop Su She a while ago?"

"Why should I chase a coward? I would prefer to chase a corpse that is full of malicious energy then him. He lived to his role as a pitiful, cowardly, idiot minion of someone. So yes, I care less,"