SIX

Three months.

It took her brother to master the cultivation in three months. As much as she wanted to get angry and whack his head upside down, joy and relief are the emotion that are currently overflowing in her body when Jiang WanYin returned with her twin brother. She waited patiently for his return. She flung herself to Wei WuXian's arms and cried silently.

"Y-you idiotic brother of mine," She murmured as she gripped so tightly at the hem of his clothes. Wei WuXian smiled and returned the hug.

"I'm sorry, but I really tried to rush it up so I can return," He answered gently.

"I don't want a dream about you as the only news I have," She punched his chest with medium force so he will only feel pain, but not excruciating.

"I just killed the bastard who destroyed our home. Now, all we need to worry is the rebuilding of Lotus Pier,"

"Uhuh, so it seems," She murmured. "Don't you dare leave me again without telling me, ok?"

"Just do me a favor, will you?" Wei WuXian asked seriously. The crowd is spectating, watching, how the Wei siblings treat one another. After all, they both have sharp tongue when they want to insult someone directly.

"I'll try to do it as much as possible," She answered earnestly.

"Dance for us, my dear twin sister. Don't worry, Lan Zhan and I will play a song for you," He grinned, making her look at him with annoyance.

"You piece of—!"

"You can't take it back, I miss seeing you randomly making steps out of nowhere when you're not practicing weapons," He grinned widely, reminiscing.

"What the hell, you even saw that? Do you know what that is?"

"You planning to dance and capture a husband?" Wei WuXian pondered.

"Rascal, if you boys play songs to ease someone or yourself, mine is in the form of dance, that's why I am not going to do it," She explained slowly like she's telling a six-year-old kid.

"B-but... I'm injured. If your dance has calming effect, that can help me,"

"I already gave you a medicine, that's not enough for you?"

She looked at him and remembered something. "Oh yeah, you're going to be immune if I give you more. Take a rest today, I'll check my tasks and when to do it,"

She started to walk away from the crowd when Wei Ying shouted. "Can I bring Lan Zhan?"

"Die, my twin brother!" She shouted back, earning some chuckles from others.

******

She only got time to spare after three days. Her time was fully wasted in running around, doing things but doesn't hinder anyone. No one had seen her taking a short break on a random tent, just walking from different directions then return to her sleeping quarter when night falls.

The Jiang siblings are starting to worry for her being busybody since she arrived and took a week of sleep. She will only stop at lunch to eat and disappears to who knows what kind of place.

"A'Ying, if you do something so reckless and I'm not there, you are so dead to me. Do you understand?" She wrapped herself with a cloak as they both left the camp and headed to the forest at night.

"Why are you riding Descend?"

"If I move, something will create a noise and will attract anyone. Jiejie and A'Cheng already went ahead of us so I don't need to create attention in the camp just for this. By the way, have you made a cleansing song for your flute?"

"Still planning, but I don't know how,"

"Sure, let me help you. I'll perform heart and mind cleansing, I hope it can help," She said.

They stopped inside the forest, and a small clearing is waiting for them. Inside, the Jiang siblings are both waiting.

"A'Qing, A'Ying, good thing you're in time," Jiang YanLi welcomed them.

"Jiejie!" Wei MeiLan left the Descend and ran towards them. Now he fully understood why she doesn't want to walk: bells.

She removed the cloak to reveal a black and white hanfu. Her hair is down with a small braid on both sides of her face. An anklet with small bells hangs on her left feet, a bracelet with small bells at her right wrist and another hanging at her waist.

"You look so pretty with hanfu, A'Qing. And this is the simplest one, that's why I wonder you prefer a disciple-like clothes than hanfu. But I guess you just want to hide your real beauty," Jiang YanLi teased her and chuckled.

"Jiejie, stop teasing me. This is the most decent outfit that the courtesan sisters gave to me. The other clothes are scary to use,"

"Second sister, do you want me to find a fiancée for you?" Jiang WanYin offered with some teasing at his voice.

"You brat, how dare you sell my twin," Wei WuXian butted in. "If she wants to stay single, let her be. It doesn't matter if her partner is the chief cultivator or head of some sect out there,"

"How about Nie MingJue?" Jiang YanLi suggested. "He's a strong guy,"

"Brute," Wei WuXian answered. "They might end up both brandishing their weapons,"

"Someone from Jin Clan?"

"You're fiancée is a handful piece, she might pound him if they share same arrogance,"

"How about Lan WangJi or Lan XiChen?"

"Lan Zhan is too cold to anyone. Look at me, he glares like there's no tomorrow. As for—"

"That smiling idiot?" Wei MeiLan spoke with frown in her face. "I think, you should reconsider,"

"Why not? He's a nice guy. A gentleman one at that. And he's a good cultivator," Her brother offered.

She was baffled with his ridiculous offer. "If ever you do something that will annoy me to death, I'll make sure you won't forget how I whipped your butt lots of times,"

The Jiang siblings laughed at her threat. Then she moved away towards the center of the small clearing. "I will start now. If you are planning a trick on me I won't do this again,"

She summoned Descend and made it a small spear. After a few breaths, she moved her right hand, the bells are making noise as it release a pure gold aura around her, giving a warm feeling.

Then she started to move.