EIGHT

"Ok, what do we have here?"

After the Sunshot campaign, all Wen members were caught and send to do a forced labor. As much as they want a leisure life after taking back their territory, some things aren't really at best.

Just like now.

The Wei twins are currently taking a stroll in the market when a woman in a dirty cloak rushed up and seek help from Wei WuXian. According to the woman, her little brother, together with his followers, were caught and were send to somewhere with Jin ZiXun, but only Jin ZiXun returned.

Wei WuXian then introduced the woman to his sister. "A'Qing, this is Wen Qing. She's a doctor in Wen Clan. Can you take care of her while I try to know where Wen Ning was sent?"

"Sure dear, we'll be still here when you return. Just make sure you won't kill anyone before I do,"

A small laughter was released from his lips and disappeared. She turned towards Wen Qing. "I'm Wei MeiLan, you can call me Wei Qing. You must be hungry. Come, I'll buy you food while waiting for my idiot brother,"

"T-thank you Young Lady Wei," Wei MeiLan made her sit on the nearest table available and left to buy food.

Awkward silence permeates their seat until Wei MeiLan spoke first, startling Wen Qing.

"I believe it was you who successfully transfered his core," She said as she gave the food to Wen Qing.

"H-how did you—"

"It doesn't matter how I found out. I just want to thank you guys for taking care of them while I isolated myself back then. If they didn't use a calling talisman, I wouldn't know,"

Wen Qing didn't spoke. "My brother has a martyr and hero complex despite of his wild attitude. So I'm sure that we will go there right away despite of your protests,"

"But I only want to—"

"You won't be able to stop my brother if he sets something in his mind, now that he has that kind of cultivation too. All you need to do is sit back and locate your brother when we reach the destination," Wei MeiLan said as she smile lightly.

"He never mentioned you to us. I never know he has a twin sister,"

"Who cares? I'm just their caretaker until A'Cheng can handle the Lotus Pier by himself," She opened a pouch and frowns. "What's taking him so long? Did he argued with those idiots again?"

After spilling the contents of the pouch, she smirked. "Ah, I see. They want that metal. Especially that Jin boy. Hmm..."

"Uhm, may I know what are you doing?" Wen Qing only see a few items irrelevant to what she is saying, so she became curious.

"Ah, that? My brother came to crash their party. Actually save his soulmate's ass with the trap. And applying the things I taught to him," She snickered and put back those items back to the pouch. "Unfortunately, they only want their greed with that stupid metal, let's just hope he won't give up,"

Wen Qing looks lost with her blabbering but continued eating. "Don't worry about what I'm saying right now, you'll understand it sooner,"

Wei WuXian returned with hurried look, but he explained where Wen Ning is, making Wen Qing thankful at them and leave by herself. But Wei WuXian insisted that he will come too to help her, which made her eyes widen in surprise. After all, it's the same thing that Wei MeiLan had told her just a few moments ago.

After they reach the Nightless city, Wei WuXian didn't got ahold of his patience well and recklessly summoned the dead people to cause chaos, earning a huge sigh from his twin sister.

They managed to leave that place and head to YiLing mountain to start their life anew.

When they managed to make a shelter as their temporary house while making a decent one as they farm, Wei MeiLan stayed there until she asked for her brother's soul.

"Do you hate me that much that you need to take my soul?" He joked on her, earning a smack from her.

"In the near future, you might do something that can damage your Psyche, so I need to take a wisp of your soul for safekeeping. And I don't take no as answer,"

Wei WuXian saw seriousness, sadness, fear, grief and denial in her eyes, worrying him. He grabbed her arms to ask her. "Tell me what will happen?"

"No, I won't tell you,"

"What. Is. It," Wei WuXian's patience had been short fused ever since he chose the demonic cultivation.

Tears are threatening to spill from her eyes as she screamed. "You and Jiejie will both die! What, are you happy to know that I saw your deaths like how I saw Aunt Yu and Uncle Jiang's death? You never believed me, even when I tried our parents not to go because they will die! And now, I saw you dying, do you think it's good?"

She released herself from his grasp. "No one believed me when I said it, that's why I'm asking for a bit of your soul to keep. I am unable to assist you to your decision for I have matters to attend too. But if you don't want, on the day that jiejie dies will be the last day you will see me.

"But since you look like you have decided already, this talk has ended already and never existed in the first place,"

She took a step backwards before leaving the mountain and went to the forest she chose to live for the next years. She fixed all things she put in order before returning to Lotus Pier to see the Jiang siblings and deal with the urgent matter that Jiang WanYin insisted for her to come personally, for all she remembered is she doesn't have any belongings after the siege.

But she have a gut feeling that it's related to her being the main disciple of her Aunt Jiang.