Side Story I

Wei MeiLan has been sitting at the couch for 3 hours already, with food surrounding her as she stare intently at the TV screen.

Lan WangJi has been wondering as to why she hadn't left her sight to the TV series she has been watching for 3 hours straight.

"Love, why are you watching that kind of show?" He had managed to watch for a few minutes of one episode, and he found out that the story is about looking for their missing father that has been giving out clues as to where he might be and killing monsters.

Sure, Wei MeiLan has knacks of being violent sometimes, tendency of mood swings, but he doesn't understand the concept or the goal of the show.

She just looked at him then turn back to the show. "I like it, that's why,"

She grabbed a granola bar and started to pay attention back to the show. Lan XiChen chuckled, smothered her hair and kiss her forehead. "You don't just like it, love. I know something caught your attention in there, and it's not just the show itself,"

Wei MeiLan froze and stare back at him like a deer caught in headlights. "How?"

"Honey, I might be a businessman, but I know well your quirks. We might not be on same profession-you as psychologist-and me on business, but we already had a lots of pillow talk and you can't fool me,"

"Oh my goodness, you're not my husband," she pulled one of the unopened snacks and pretended it was a gun. "Who are you? Why are you imitating him? Where is he?"

Lan XiChen laughed and raised his arms in surrender. "You're copying them,"

"And you're pretending yourself," She put down the snack and looked back at the show. "I don't know how you are able to know as to why not just the genre is the reason why I'm watching this,"

"You like his symmetrical face, right?"

"Not just that,"

She squealed when she saw one of the main characters went shirtless. "Goodness, that's one good eight pack, I say,"

"U-huh," Lan XiChen, unimpressed.

"And he's so freaking-what are you doing?"

Wei MeiLan turned around to check on her husband that sounded unamused and unimpressed with her explanation. But what she saw was her shirtless husband staring at her with jealousy, advancing at her.

"I also have one, and you never squealed like that, so I'm comparing-"

"Don't you dare finish those words-"

"-whether he has something that I-"

"Oh no, you better stop there!"

"Why?"

"Look, he's portraying a fictional character, okay? I'm admiring Dean Winchester, not the actor!"

Lan XiChen stopped advancing at her. "Just the character?"

"Just the character," She affirmed. "The actor in real life has wife already, stop being so possessive!"

"I do not like someone taking what is mine, whether it's a fictional character," His voice is like when he is inside the meeting room, reprimanding his employees. "That's why you're going to get a punishment today,"

"What do you me-hey! Put me down!"

Lan XiChen took her from the couch and brought her to their bedroom.

Who would have thought that his punishment would make her cripple for a few days because of a fictional character she liked to watch?

============
Author has something to say:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Next chapter will come right up on or before New Year, as I know you guys are waiting for chapters!

Thanks for reading my work! 😄😄